Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Different prices for different areas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ryan85

Hi all, I'm pretty new in the window cleaning business. I've managed to secure a really good run at a local holiday park doing 80 chalets and a large reception/dining area, which I've done a few times now sadly it's full of small french windows ? I'm currently looking to be expanding to a large housing scheme where it's in a rural mining village. Now I know that the last window cleaner was charging £4 per house.

Sorry for the long winded post but obviously in a more deprived area in scotland how do I approach customers with say £5 or £6 per house? 

Many Thanks 

Ryan

Hi all, I'm pretty new in the window cleaning business. I've managed to secure a really good run at a local holiday park doing 80 chalets and a large reception/dining area, which I've done a few times now sadly it's full of small french windows ? I'm currently looking to be expanding to a large housing scheme where it's in a rural mining village. Now I know that the last window cleaner was charging £4 per house.

Sorry for the long winded post but obviously in a more deprived area in scotland how do I approach customers with say £5 or £6 per house? 

Many Thanks 

Ryan
5-6 is to low, im not in an affluent area and easily get £8+ a house.

5-6 is to low, im not in an affluent area and easily get £8+ a house.
I would agree with you but I just don't think I'll get it that. The previous guy that done the round has gave it up due to ill health, I have been speaking to a few window cleaners about pricing and most of them seem to be charging £4.50...

I'm in awe of anyone getting £8 a house or even more how do I go about getting more for a normal 2/3 bed council house?

Ask some of the scottish guys on here like @Trad-Man 

Down here in hertfordshire a normal 3 bed terrace is 12 quid or more with a conservatory easily

Hi all, I'm pretty new in the window cleaning business. I've managed to secure a really good run at a local holiday park doing 80 chalets and a large reception/dining area, which I've done a few times now sadly it's full of small french windows [emoji53] I'm currently looking to be expanding to a large housing scheme where it's in a rural mining village. Now I know that the last window cleaner was charging £4 per house.

Many Thanks 
Ryan
Im in north east Scotland and my minimum is £10.00 for any job but don't worry about customers that focus on price you don't want them. Im the most expensive in my area and I'm full time everyday. Charge what your worth not what the cheapo's want

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hiya Ryan the in-laws live up that neck of the woods and your right it's does seem very underpriced for someone like me who's from the Midlands. Even taxi prices are super cheap. But after examining the in-laws windows and conny (All for £8) I could see why they charged a low price (not to my standards but I'm not saying all the windy in that area are the same though as only looked at 1 windys work). When I told in law what I would charge end how different the glass and pvc would look she said she wouldn't mind paying extra for the quality of work.
So you might have an opening there to be the best and most proud of your work regardless of price.
Once one sees the difference others normally follow.
In-laws are in Dumfries and in stranraer.

Hiya Ryan the in-laws live up that neck of the woods and your right it's does seem very underpriced for someone like me who's from the Midlands. Even taxi prices are super cheap. But after examining the in-laws windows and conny (All for £8) I could see why they charged a low price (not to my standards but I'm not saying all the windy in that area are the same though as only looked at 1 windys work). When I told in law what I would charge end how different the glass and pvc would look she said she wouldn't mind paying extra for the quality of work.
So you might have an opening there to be the best and most proud of your work regardless of price.
Once one sees the difference others normally follow.
In-laws are in Dumfries and in stranraer.

Thanks very much, I really appreciate that. My in-laws are from Stranraer too. Unlucky for some...

I'll stick to my guns and go with a bit of a  higher price and prove that decent workmanship will justify my price.

Cheers

Thanks very much, I really appreciate that. My in-laws are from Stranraer too. Unlucky for some...

I'll stick to my guns and go with a bit of a  higher price and prove that decent workmanship will justify my price.

Cheers
Where I'm from window cleaners tend to do glass only. I charge much more per job because I clean windows/frames/doors.

Ryan gonna be honest with you if you charge £6 then you are stuffing yourself as you are working alone im guessing trust me from tomorrow i have to change everything up due to going from 2 people to 1 person, but you gotta look at it this way

do you want to charge £6 a house and do 20 houses which comes out at - £120

or do you want to charge £10 with sills and plastics which comes out at - £200

you see you can earn more but you have to show the customer they are paying you for quality not slap and dash, truth is my current prices are low due to 1 me not making them as it was the old guy and 2, i get a hell of a lot of cuppas to make up for the price lol. 

you gotta think i can do 20 houses today at £10 a house on my own and make £200 for a few hours knowing you have made more in one day than a warehouse worker makes doing 50 or 60 hours a week

Bang on @slipnot. Also the 1st proper clean will take a wee bit longer but after that it'll be like getting out of a fiesta and into a Lamborghini cos forever more it's a wipe on the frames n not a scrubb. But going back to the beginning if your the only one doing the frames n doors in your area then get ready for a life n wallet change. Like all that's been at it for 10years+ we saw the quick boost before all the new windys saw the opportunity.
And just if... your the only one.....BOOM [emoji56]

Latest Posts

Back