Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional Window Cleaning First Clean

Thanks green pro nice little technique regarding correct squeegee angle to reduce lines i’ll be trying that one myself [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks green pro nice little technique regarding correct squeegee angle to reduce lines i’ll be trying that one myself
emoji106.png

You're welcome

Good video. I've never seen that about the forward angle to reduce lines.

I started up again part time  last April. Lines have been doing my head in.(No complaints from customers though)

I will try this tommorrow. Sometimes it's good to revisit the basics.

Thank you

Great vid Darren

Basic tradding 101

Like you said slow and steady wins the race.. there is a big difference between a fast cleaner who then has to mop up loads of mistakes and a quick cleaner who is steady and methodical and saves time due to less detailing and fannying about 

The only recommendation i have is to soap the applicator and have just water in the bucket as the solution then doesn't move on the glass and run down etc which helps loads with lines and smears etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Got me some of them microfibre scrims from wilcos, youre right, they’re proper. 3 times as large as the standard warehouse ones & half the size, bang tidy [emoji108]

I've been recommending the wilko ones for about 3 years now

Apart from 3 old extra thick ones i got from a local supplier who has since closed the best i have found is the wilko ones and I have tried loads

Got me some of them microfibre scrims from wilcos, youre right, they’re proper. 3 times as large as the standard warehouse ones & half the size, bang tidy
emoji108.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been recommending the wilko ones for about 3 years now

Apart from 3 old extra thick ones i got from a local supplier who has since closed the best i have found is the wilko ones and I have tried loads

Got them about 18 months ago on your recommendation alway use when doing insides. 

Back