Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A BAD DAY!!!

Stallion

Finally got my trolley system(diy) with a gardener pole!

1st day today working out of a Astra van

Must say bad day

Took me ages actually just wheeling trolley round

Setting up and then cleaning

Had me thinking on most jobs would’ve been quicker on ladders and then half way through the day changed barrel over and the trolley stopped working!

Just went back to my good old ladders!

Had to give them a hug!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve been mobile using a trolley since September, takes a while to work out efficient ways to work, but you will get quicker as you go, and you will know your own bottlenecks in your approach that you can think about making slicker.

Quick one for me was wasting water, bought a Univalve and it made an immediate improvement. Using a 100m hose reel and leaving the trolley in the car where I could works better too (instead of wheeling it everywhere with a 20m hose as I did before). But you will work out yourself what to try to focus on...

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It will get better. My first day on my own, one of my first jobs the pole broke! So wasted two hours trying to fix it! But gets so much quicker. I now rattled round work that once took me what felt like ages!

Edit: Also, like Barry, get a Univalve. I would run between the trolly and the pole to try and save water!  :1f602:

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit a trolley did my nut in keep filling up, time consuming, wasted energy and inconvenience.

They have there place imo but van mount made my life a whole level easier. 

I run a back pack off a trolley and it's very handy for some jobs, a major drawback for me is that I'm constantly anxious about how much water I've got left lol. The damn thing will usually run out just before the last window. I'll always keep a backpack but I'm looking forward to an upgrade!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my trolley system(diy) with a gardener pole!

1st day today working out of a Astra van

Must say bad day

Took me ages actually just wheeling trolley round

Setting up and then cleaning

Had me thinking on most jobs would’ve been quicker on ladders and then half way through the day changed barrel over and the trolley stopped working!

Just went back to my good old ladders!

Had to give them a hug!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Next time it will be easier as you will remember where to move trolley to be most efficient. I'm enjoying using mine now I'm used to it. I do a mixture of both methods. First few days I was sceptical but now I'm glad I've got it.

I like the fact I can use my van for other things.

Unfortunately, for me, I think I've topped your bad day today. On my way to last job, changed down a gear approaching a roundabout and the gearbox went bang. Did last job and limped to mechanics who told me I need a new gearbox   :1f622: £900 for a recon and????  for clutch, flywheel and fitting. Also touch and go if I get it back by Sunday so might need to hire Van for next week. 

Unfortunately, for me, I think I've topped your bad day today. On my way to last job, changed down a gear approaching a roundabout and the gearbox went bang. Did last job and limped to mechanics who told me I need a new gearbox   :1f622: £900 for a recon and????  for clutch, flywheel and fitting. Also touch and go if I get it back by Sunday so might need to hire Van for next week. 
Oh no not good at all. Hopefully it will all be sorted sharpish.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

How many miles had your van done @Part Timer before the gearbox went?

Back