Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st Complaint Today

smithy78

Setup my business about 8 month and not had a single complaint until today...... basically it was a house with old wooden frames and customer says left streak marks on windows.

How do people clean houses with old wooden frames? I used WFP as normal so are these types of frames best done trad?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

They are a nightmare! I always explain they may not turn out 100% and if they don’t I trad them. It’s a lot easier and quicker to trad. It makes me laugh when a customer with rotten window frames expects you to perform miracles! I do around four large houses with old sash windows that have seen better days, I must admit I give them a thorough wash with reduced flow and then nip back to the job later on to touch up with a micro fibre. Just make sure you price it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

They are a nightmare! I always explain they may not turn out 100% and if they don’t I trad them. It’s a lot easier and quicker to trad. It makes me laugh when a customer with rotten window frames expects you to perform miracles! I do around four large houses with old sash windows that have seen better days, I must admit I give them a thorough wash with reduced flow and then nip back to the job later on to touch up with a micro fibre. Just make sure you price it correctly.

Think I'm going to avoid old wooden frames in the future and stick to UPVC, seems a lot of hassle these jobs!!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I made a vow to only take on brown UPVC as I seem to get all the white mingers. I’ve not seen one in about 6 months!!

I clean a lot of wooden frames with wfp only. If the weather have been nasty they needs to be done twice. I just do the top and side frames quick all way around, and then go back and clean them regularly, keeping a cm distance to the top.

They can and will store a lot of gunk (and soap if done trad before), so a good base clean is important the first time around.

Back