Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trouble with DI vessel building up pressure that stops water flow

smearclear

I am having trouble.. my DI vessel seems to build up pressure but not pushing water to the pole happens every now and again when i let the pressure out the outlet of the DI vessel i get a flow again seems like the wrong hose clips. any one can give some advice..

It is the simplest thing to **** up. Getting those the right way round.  Have fitted them incorrectly myself in the past.

Also make sure that the hozelock fittings are the basic ones.  Dont use the 'stop lock' ones that have the plastic inserts as these are designed to only allow water to flow out of the hose.... not in in the opposite direction.  

Let us know how you get on. Cheers. 

It is the simplest thing to **** up. Getting those the right way round.  Have fitted them incorrectly myself in the past.

Also make sure that the hozelock fittings are the basic ones.  Dont use the 'stop lock' ones that have the plastic inserts as these are designed to only allow water to flow out of the hose.... not in in the opposite direction.  

Let us know how you get on. Cheers. 

Yes, I had exactly that problem. I'd imagined that the valve would allow flow in but not out unless a male was connected. In fact, using a waterstop connection on the high-pressure side completely closes the valve. It took me quite a while to sus that one out. If I'd had any hair left. I would have torn it out.

A secondary suggestion for me is that you may not have enough water in your vessel and subsequently creating a huge airlock.  If your valves are the right way around unscrew your cap and fill the vessel to the point it's overflowing out of the neck and reattach the cap.  I never got told to do this from my installer and always had pressure build up after a resin change.

Good luck, these things are usually simple fixes.

I found out i had air getting in  on the hose reel also brush had a very small split and the the air seemed to be lighter than the water ..water not getting up to top windows when pole fully out was ok on ground windows lesson was gear must be AIR TIGHT   ..Is a big learning curb last problem was the hose locks  i cut them out with snips so water could flow  once you know all this things are great water flowing well.. was frustrating when  you first get going i put my system together myself 400 lit tank two pumps tow regulaters two hoses secondhand Gardner poles two 20 foots one 25 foot ..whole set up  under £500. Well pleased now..?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back