Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning leaded glass with WFP

Each to their own etc etc, but I prefer standing at an angle and doing circular motions with the brush.

I find the brush doesn’t ‘jump’ over the leads using this method. But as I said, each to their own 

Some days I only have leaded windows all day use the flock brush for them only difference is I rinse off instead of rinsing on. 

Lawrence Morgan quoted

Umm greenpro was funding off the glass and not rinsing on you want to watch the vid again.

haha I know I have eyes lol really no need to watch it again can see perfectly clear and totally understood what pro green was explaining how he cleans leaded.

Another nice video Green pro always enjoy them.

my reply was explaining how and what brush We use to clean leaded windows,, we have days when we clean up to 30 identical houses a day all leaded windows and found that using a ultimate flock is what works for us, we find that it glides over the leaded much smoother than the medium and medium soft brushes and when not cleaning leaded normal windows we now rinse on the glass.

hope that as cleared that up for you. 

I've personally never gotten along with flocked brushes.  I just dont like the feel of them on the glass.  A personal preference thing I'm sure.  Also the brushes I use are the ones that Gardiners recommend for hot water users and I am running hot 99.9% of the time. 

Makes senses if using hot water, never used hot but would imagine bristles on a flock brush wouldn't be very good after a few cleans.

Hot water is something I have seriously considered when I put a second van on the road and need to research which way would best for me to heat the water so in the future might be bending your ear lol.

i use hot every day every window  rincing the top of the led is defo the key as thats were the dirt gets traped i persnly use a flocked brush on leaded its a pain having to change brush but its worth it as a mono can rip the lead off the glass ive done this before not good i also turn the heat down on lead as the glue can heat up and come lose cold water is besyt for lead realy but most of the leaded jobs i do has lead at the front standerd at the back so i just use warm to the touch water on there jobs

I have tried loads of methods, I have leaded glass on my own house so get to practice lots, and for me gardiners flocked brush with overspray rinse bar works flawlessly every time.

Latest Posts

Back