Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Advice would be most appreciated

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Akita

Hi Most of my work is around 30 miles away do you people think that's to far away to make a profit on a good day I do around 15 houses the average price per house is £8 I'm unsure if that's good or not the reason I ask is because I don't seem to be making much money what with price of diesel going up and things I was putting in £50 a week it's now costing me £70 family members think it's because of the it's to faraway and you can't do as many water fed pole as you can traditional I would be interested to know what you all thought and how many houses you do a day many thanks 

Bottom line is how much money so you want to make, and think that's a good amount? £100? £10 a house, 10 houses. £200? 5 x £20 houses and 10 x £10 houses. Its entirely up to you and how you want to work it...

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi Most of my work is around 30 miles away do you people think that's to far away to make a profit on a good day I do around 15 houses the average price per house is £8 I'm unsure if that's good or not the reason I ask is because I don't seem to be making much money what with price of diesel going up and things I was putting in £50 a week it's now costing me £70 family members think it's because of the it's to faraway and you can't do as many water fed pole as you can traditional I would be interested to know what you all thought and how many houses you do a day many thanks 
What do you mean ‘you can’t do as many WFP as you can trad?’. WFP is much quicker so you should be doing more?

30 miles away would play at you. Best build quicker to home. All that wasted time driving to a job when you could be working. That's just the way I see it. Although sometimes you drive for the money if it's priced well.

From a cost point of view depending which way you claim expenses one way is 45p per mile for the first 10,000 mile then 25p after that. Apart from the time traveling that comes off your tax bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Most of my work is 70+ km away. It's absolutely doable. I need to start early in the day to get a good day of work in, especially in winter where I have to start driving while still dark.

Price accordingly, 8£ sounds low to me, but if done often with wfp you should be able to breeze through more than 15 houses a day.

15 houses a day is 600£ a week. From what I gather it's above average in UK? Can you live for that kind of money?

Most of my work is within a 5 mile radius but am looking further affield this year  just to get to better areas.

But yeh only you can answer the question

15 houses is a decent amount, I can do about 15-20 a day wfp. Usually a minute or 2/3/4/5  between each job.

But that's what CAN do a day not what I always do, today I only did 10 but 7 were 1st cleans.

My average price is 12 quid.

I'm happy with that where I am

Are you happy with 8 quid?

If not you need to change it

I think an average of £8 is too low. That's a small terrace front for me with a bay window which takes literally minutes to clean. Also I don't live in an expensive part of the UK.

I suggest you put your prices up at least in readiness for the new financial year.

I haven't cleaned a window under £8 since i started WFP. Most people are happy to hand over a ten pound note and not expect it to be cheaper. I find it hard myself to ditch work when it's no good because money is money afterall but if you think some work could actually cost you money instead of make it then you're better off dropping it.

Put your prices up. If your on your own you want at least 200-250 a day.

Back