Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Invest back in your business

Gazz

So I'm now that that stage again where I'll be able to financially put money back into the business. It doesn't matter how much you put back into it. 

Something as simple as a uni valve works wonders. The ROI for something that costs the equivalent of 4 houses and can save you water/switching the backpack on and off. Worth every penny.

Anyone else got some good return on investment purchases? Signed vans, clothing. Let's hear it.

Pro gutter tools for small add ons, pressure washer for big ones and a wfp system I am yet to reep the rewards of for windows sir Gaz

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Can't really call it an investment since I borrowed the money for it, but a proper van is just miles above working out of my car. 

Then a proper tank instead of barrels, and a professional high end pole (gardiners xtreme 47) saves time and effort and helps me take on larger and higher jobs.

Building an automated system to fill the tank has also reduced my stress level immensely. No more faffing about in bad weather with water and overfilling and spilling, just hook it up when I get home and it stops when full, and charges the battery as well.

Proper working clothes, more than one pair of pants, several woolen shirts, proper rainwear etc etc, everything has proved good returns.

New moerman gear as well, after only wanting to touch Sorbo it has cut down on detailing and saved time as well.

Signed vans are the way forward, weve had loads of work simply from people reading the van. Your business is your life blood, always invest in it and give it a fair cut of what you take. How much money you need to live can be changed simply through lifestyle. I quit smoking 2 years ago, i average less than a pint a month, shop in lidls & dont go out for fancy dinners or wear flash clothes. Therefore i need a lot less to “live on” than some people and the business gets what it needs

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Can't really call it an investment since I borrowed the money for it, but a proper van is just miles above working out of my car. 

I'd class that as an investment loan. But it would certainly give you a good return compared with a standard car.

Investing in growth of the business is the main one.

Getting more customers
agree here also buy a new van asap when you get busy ,

we ran old vans at dhl (old to me i 4-5 years )  night mare when they go wrong , you earn nothing while there in the garage, then you add in hire van costs and then the garage bills you can sharp burn six months worth of fiances payments on a old heap 

or buy the newest low milage van you can is the next best to new this is what i do for staff and i get the new one then hand it down the line when i am sick of it 

a old man told me to buy new and when we did we never looked back and saved money in the long run , some may not agree but we had 35 vans out at one point so i leant a thing or two about running vans and spending cash on old worn out vans 

Last edited by a moderator:

we ran old vans at dhl (old to me i 4-5 years )  night mare when they go wrong , you earn nothing while there in the garage, then you add in hire van costs and then the garage bills you can sharp burn six months worth of fiances payments on a old heap 

or buy the newest low milage van you can is the next best to new this is what i do for staff and i get the new one then hand it down the line when i am sick of it 

a old man told me to buy new and when we did we never looked back and saved money in the long run , some may not agree but we had 35 vans out at one point so i leant a thing or two about running vans and spending cash on old worn out vans 
35 vans with wfp in

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

35 vans!! Blimey you're bigger than that bighead who has 11 vans out on the other forum.

I decided to buy an extendable hose and a water fed brush just to make my gutter jobs a bit easier! Who says you need to spend 1000s on a full wfp set up when you’re a non-driving trad? Custys don’t mind if you ask!

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

35 vans with wfp in

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
should of explained it better we had 35 van out on haulage 14 in at dhi, the others at city link , the post office and doing same day haulage around the uk some vans ran 24/ 7working out of menzines ect ect like most things we seen profits falling over night and on some runs in citylink they were turning just 3o pounds aday profit but you kept them on because you had ones doing very good money and you had to take them all  got out of it all in 2008  just as it all crashed 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes if you had 35 vans please go tell big head on t` other forum he is not the biggest residential window cleaning company in the UK

:1f603:
hes not the biggest by far , theres a guy a share a patch with (joke) that has 22 vans out daily

ive seen this guy post on fourms a few years ago and seems to be a nice guy not that ive ever met him hes called tlc window cleaning in ipswicth 

Latest Posts

Back