Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning in the rain, window cleaning mentality

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We work in the monsoons lol but have good waterproofs. This morning was pretty grim in Cardiff. I think the most important part of the day in winter is that first half hour before you go out, between 730 & 8. Thats when i make the decision. Usually wind is the factor, quick check of the BBC weather app, if it’s sustained winds of more than 20mph then i find the water blows away from the jets & the pole starts waving everywhere. Once we’ve made the decision to go out then we see it through til the end unless some really nasty gusts come along. A good tip to be aware of in the wet is lead roofs when cleaning sky lights etc, they can be very slippery

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I Just get out and get it done , bills holidays kids don’t pay for themselves, see to many on here whinging about the weather , we live in England it’s shite most of the time .

Fair play we do get a great variety of weather it can change from 1 hour to the next [emoji948][emoji945][emoji944][emoji274]⛆[emoji296]⛆[emoji287]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I Just get out and get it done , bills holidays kids don’t pay for themselves, see to many on here whinging about the weather , we live in England it’s shite most of the time .

That's all well and good and fair shout too you but would your insurance cover you if something goes wrong becuase you choose to work in what could be considered unsafe conditions? 

Personally if we get a yellow alert for wind for example then we would take the day off.... 

What do you call unsafe conditions?

Surely that is a personal decision 

Other outdoors trades are free to choose if they continue to work or not

I personally will work in anything

Have to read the policy and see what they class as unsafe conditions.. In my old job only thing stopped us working was - named storm by met office. But that was an area prone to cyclones. 

Back