Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Google maps

Yes, I hear several people do. We just got street view here, so I could try it out, though I never quote without seeing it in person first.

Google maps does not show the back yard full of dog ****, the un mown front yard with old microwaves and sofas in it and the tight side alley full if bits of ild pallet board you have to climb over.   Consider that when quoting a £12 semi.....    Ooops it didnt show the conservatory either with 3 times as much glass as the house so now that rough estimate you gave of £12 needs bumping to £25.  Reckon they'll still go for it?  

However the answer is no. I only quote in person. 

I tried Street view but found it very inaccurate in showng the right house. Plus they blur the house numbers so you can't double check. If your not carefully you will quote for a 2 bed and when you turn up it will be the 4 bed detached at the end of the road.

It’s good to give a quick quote but it is important to give a min - max quote (and generally inflate these slightly) stating that this is based on what you can see on google maps.

I find this good for Facebook referrals, if they get back to you happy days, if not generally not too concerned and put these down as tyre kickers/ time wasters.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

I love Google street view. I find it good mainly just for finding the right house before visiting to price saves driving or walking up and down the street to find the right house.[emoji106]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have used it once or twice if i have a quote to do in an area i think is to far away.i find its a good tool to use to see if its worth my time going to quote it.

I wouldnt want to drive out of my way to go quote a house with a fancy name like manor house to get there and find its a 1 bed bungalow down a 5 mile farm track.?

I use google maps for most quotes and then i confirm with the customer either with photos or a rough description from them. 

I would say 1 out of 20 goes pear shaped, i would love to quote in person but just not got the time with the volume of work that comes in on a daily basis. 

I use google maps for most quotes and then i confirm with the customer either with photos or a rough description from them. 

I would say 1 out of 20 goes pear shaped, i would love to quote in person but just not got the time with the volume of work that comes in on a daily basis. 
Same as me damo [emoji1303]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back