Danny138

Black rubber marks on microfibre cloth

Danny138

Hi I'm new to window cleaning and need a bit of help and advice. I done my first house yesterday and my microfibres cloths are covered in black marks from the rubbers when detailing. Is that normal? I washed the microfibres on a 40 wash but they won't come out. Is there anyway of getting the stains out or should I just get new ones.  I dont wanna put black marks on peoples glass. Any help would be appreciated thanks

15161206822141836813268.jpg

albootyerbaws

its of the rubber seal not much you can do about it. all my scrim are the same.

Danny138
52 minutes ago, albootyerbaws said:

Ok thanks. They have been washed so if I carry on using them to detail will they Mark the glass?

Incheck

They should wash out. Mine always do. Try washing at 60 & changing liquid to something else

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Danny138
3 minutes ago, Incheck said:

They should wash out. Mine always do. Try washing at 60 & changing liquid to something else

I didn't use any liquid i thought you werent supposed to on them. I just put them on a 40 wash. I will give it a go thanks

Incheck
I didn't use any liquid i thought you werent supposed to on them. I just put them on a 40 wash. I will give it a go thanks

Lol yeah mate youve gotta use liquid, i use fabric conditioner as well although some say not to use that but i find the scrims come out like walkers crisps if i dont use any

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Incheck

You can get the detergent tablets i throw one of them in they come out nice

Danny138
1 hour ago, Incheck said:

Lol yeah mate youve gotta use liquid, i use fabric conditioner as well although some say not to use that but i find the scrims come out like walkers crisps if i dont use any

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Haha ok mate will give it ago

mike007
On 1/16/2018 at 16:43, albootyerbaws said:

Most of mine too, but doesn,t cause problem if scrim etc is clean or dry.

rugbywolf
On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:39, Danny138 said:

Hi I'm new to window cleaning and need a bit of help and advice. I done my first house yesterday and my microfibres cloths are covered in black marks from the rubbers when detailing. Is that normal? I washed the microfibres on a 40 wash but they won't come out. Is there anyway of getting the stains out or should I just get new ones.  I dont wanna put black marks on peoples glass. Any help would be appreciated thanks

15161206822141836813268.jpg

You should not wipe the rubbers at all, only the frame. If you are detailing, as in wiping round the edge of the glass/frame, then you should look on here or you-tube on how to clean windows without detailing.

scottish cleaning service

I was watching a window cleaner today using an old brass squeegee. He never detailed once and he didn't wipe the sill either but the boy was working for someone. They just try and get finished as quick as possible. There was 3 of them, 2 with ladders and the boss doing the ground floors. They were very quick and I think they do them fortnightly so the windows not too dirty.