Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black rubber marks on microfibre cloth

Danny138

Hi I'm new to window cleaning and need a bit of help and advice. I done my first house yesterday and my microfibres cloths are covered in black marks from the rubbers when detailing. Is that normal? I washed the microfibres on a 40 wash but they won't come out. Is there anyway of getting the stains out or should I just get new ones.  I dont wanna put black marks on peoples glass. Any help would be appreciated thanks

15161206822141836813268.jpg

They should wash out. Mine always do. Try washing at 60 & changing liquid to something else

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

They should wash out. Mine always do. Try washing at 60 & changing liquid to something else

I didn't use any liquid i thought you werent supposed to on them. I just put them on a 40 wash. I will give it a go thanks

You can get the detergent tablets i throw one of them in they come out nice

Hi I'm new to window cleaning and need a bit of help and advice. I done my first house yesterday and my microfibres cloths are covered in black marks from the rubbers when detailing. Is that normal? I washed the microfibres on a 40 wash but they won't come out. Is there anyway of getting the stains out or should I just get new ones.  I dont wanna put black marks on peoples glass. Any help would be appreciated thanks

View attachment 12446
You should not wipe the rubbers at all, only the frame. If you are detailing, as in wiping round the edge of the glass/frame, then you should look on here or you-tube on how to clean windows without detailing.

I was watching a window cleaner today using an old brass squeegee. He never detailed once and he didn't wipe the sill either but the boy was working for someone. They just try and get finished as quick as possible. There was 3 of them, 2 with ladders and the boss doing the ground floors. They were very quick and I think they do them fortnightly so the windows not too dirty.

Back