Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This weather is when window cleaners really earn their money.

Steve E

Waking up again to sleet and hail.

I'm lucky that I do this job part time and can try and pick my days. (Thats difficult enough) Respect to you all who are out there come what may.

A lesson for all is to think about hourly rates and pricing in these conditions,  it's easy to take on a few extra jobs at a low  rate when days are long and the sun is shining! Good advice given on here has helped me to aim higher..glad of that now.

Struggling to motivate myself this week.

this forum helps though.

I hear that, crazy wind on the East coast. Switching to bungalows to get an extra few hours in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Got away with it in Cardiff but we’re gonna get hit with 50’s tonight. Should be gone by the morning i hope

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Same here went home at lunchtime,yesterday and this am left me feeling ?,

working part time so thankfully I can....so tiring with the wind in your face ..

Got away with it in Cardiff but we’re gonna get hit with 50’s tonight. Should be gone by the morning i hope

We been hammered in Swansea, just about scraped a day. However did get smashed in the face by a gate and split my eyebrow when the wind took it whilst cleaning a window, bloody hurt!!! Gutter cleaning tomorrow, could be interesting clearing them out!

Snow where i am, day off again,but not too bothered as getting over a virus n cant be far from the toilet, its a worse storm inside my innards than outside.TMI

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We been hammered in Swansea, just about scraped a day. However did get smashed in the face by a gate and split my eyebrow when the wind took it whilst cleaning a window, bloody hurt!!! Gutter cleaning tomorrow, could be interesting clearing them out!
Wouldn’t even chance it if it does happen mate. Next thing you know your ladders on top of someone’s 17 plate. By all accounts its gonna happen tonight and will be gone by the morning. I’ll probably have a sleepless night. Wind blowing down the chimney stack rattling away at the fireplace as usual while the cats racing round the house like he’s possessed. Storms drive him mad. Couldnt drive one morning i was so tired had to have the day off sick which is not like me. Hope you get well soon dude!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Wouldn’t even chance it if it does happen mate. Next thing you know your ladders on top of someone’s 17 plate. By all accounts its gonna happen tonight and will be gone by the morning. I’ll probably have a sleepless night. Wind blowing down the chimney stack rattling away at the fireplace as usual while the cats racing round the house like he’s possessed. Storms drive him mad. Couldnt drive one morning i was so tired had to have the day off sick which is not like me. Hope you get well soon dude!

Roped in my father in law to foot the ladder, so won't be going anywhere, booked the worst one in for the afternoon and a bungalow in the morning.

I reckon its gonna be fine by the morning wouldn’t panic like. Cup of tea & a bacon butty you’ll be ripe as rain boyo

We are getting absolutely plastered here in Cardiff. The wind is loud as thunder now. Poor old mans working outside on the night shift. Be a few roofs missing come the morning

Worked everyday this week

Monday was hard ducking and diving between monsoons lol but the rest of the week made up for it

Binned off 1 job today due to wind and needing to climb over sloping garage roof but done some very good days this week

Before xmas when it snowed bad all night i worked from about 12.30 when it eased off and all day next day when roads were like sheet ice

Depends how much you wanna earn money as i refuse to sit at home when i can be earning

Skin is waterproof and jumpers keep you warm so why not work

Jeremy kyle is not that appealing that i will stay home

Last edited by a moderator:

Monday was hard ducking and diving between monsoons lol but the rest of the week made up for it

Binned off 1 job today due to wind and needing to climb over sloping garage roof but done some very good days this week

Before xmas when it snowed bad all night i worked from about 12.30 when it eased off and all day next day when roads were like sheet ice

Depends how much you wanna earn money as i refuse to sit at home when i can be earning

Yep, I’m the same. The long term members on here might remember me posting about selling a round to my mate Danny who used to sub that round of me. Well I spoke to him yesterday, and one of his comments was ‘and obviously you had Monday off’.

No I never was my reply. I put on my hat and jacket and crack on as I have no intention of working weekends when I could be doing enjoyable things 

You wanna get on some real shows on discovery mate, gold rush, deadliest catch...jeremy kyles enough to make anyone top emselves lol

Not much you can do when all the roads are blocked with a foot of snow .council concentrate on the main roads. side streets & minor roads are not done.

Latest Posts

Back