Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My starting up set up

ashley john

Had some stuff back today from the window cleaning warehouse it's a small set up but its a start I suppose lol.
549fdcf64190670ffcd5a71c22380d76.jpg

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Good start! You made a good choice with the unger gear, its easy to get to grips with, you’ll have your technique sorted in no time.

That’s how I started 20 months ago and now i have a full 4 weekly wfp round! Don’t get down by not gettin them jobs where people saying your too pricey! Work hard and it will work out 

I started 3 weeks ago now! Around a 48 hour per week nights job...

So far I have about £100/4wks in regular work plus I’ve managed to get plenty of one off gutter jobs which means within the first month working a day a week I’m taking over £350!

I’m a non driver trad, so built the windy mobile to start my venture! We all have to start somewhere. It’s just about getting out there and starting it off.

The missus went mad when I told her I spent £400 on window cleaning kit. Now I’ve started she is on board because she can see I’m doing a good job and bringing the pennies in!

I wish you the best of luck. I’m still learning and have a lot to learn but I’m happy to answer questions about starting up because I’m in the same boat as a newbie!

37ec5ee9f487c11c6f98d00480c0a8fa.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Starting point....you will be amazed how your kit will increase as and when required or afforded, a scraper here, another size squeegee there, detailing rags, a boab, safety stuff for your ladder, disposable latex gloves, maybe a backpack!!!

Good luck Mate, this job is great if you have right mindset and as inportantly good kit.

So far I have about £100/4wks in regular work plus I’ve managed to get plenty of one off gutter jobs which means within the first month working a day a week I’m taking over £350!

I’m a non driver trad, so built the windy mobile to start my venture! We all have to start somewhere. It’s just about getting out there and starting it off.

The missus went mad when I told her I spent £400 on window cleaning kit. Now I’ve started she is on board because she can see I’m doing a good job and bringing the pennies in!

I wish you the best of luck. I’m still learning and have a lot to learn but I’m happy to answer questions about starting up because I’m in the same boat as a newbie!

37ec5ee9f487c11c6f98d00480c0a8fa.jpg

The best of luck to you mate and well done. That windy mobile is great lol very creative.

Starting point....you will be amazed how your kit will increase as and when required or afforded, a scraper here, another size squeegee there, detailing rags, a boab, safety stuff for your ladder, disposable latex gloves, maybe a backpack!!!
Good luck Mate, this job is great if you have right mindset and as inportantly good kit.
Yeah that's my intention is to invest everything I make back into the business for a while as I already have a full time job. Hopefully it will grow nicely and can leave my job and go full time at this. Cheers mate for the support.

Surely instead of buying all those extras the money would be better spent on driving lessons.

Well done mate

Fair play, I'm thinking of starting up with a WFP backpack ?? I can drive and have a vehicle but can't afford the big set up costs. Good luck ??

What did you use to build your trolley and how much did it cost? Its pretty cool looking. 

The best piece of advice I can give anyone starting up is not to venture far. Do your own and try and get the neighbours to do. Then move round the corner and you won't even need a vehicle. That's what I have done and I love it, after 10 houses I nip back for a tea break. They even post the money through my letterbox if they are out. Best business sense in the world.

Back