Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price Increase

jayjay76

Morning

Just started to notify some of customers of a price increase in the coming months on jobs that are below my now minimum of £10.

Had a positive response so far with no issues, but some have accepted the increase but then wanting to change frequency which would actually make it less for me on the new price than the old, or I’m I looking at this wrong way as I’m looking at it what it makes me long term not just on the day (if that makes sense lol)

Thanks for any advice
John

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I found in the past when customers have done this, they soon go back to the regular clean when they realise how dirty the windows get, go with it and it soon seems to work itself out. The price increase will benefit you long term anyway.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just say it is what it is, the idea of price increases is that you make more money from them, not an opportunity for the customer to save money

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It's naturally more beneficial to have longer interval customers at higher price, than the same customer at a short interval at lower price. If your books are full that is.

I've also just done a price increase on most of my domestic customers, and changed them all to 12-weekly (about once every three months). Some of the prices were almost doubled, and about 50% have said yes. I keep all my customers in a spreadsheet, so it was simple to do a analysis of how much I'd lose or gain from each customer (or all customers) with increased price but longer interval.

The prices can't be converted directly so I've done a rough estimate. Overall I'd lose lets say 2500£ a year if they all said no. But only 500£ a year if they all said yes, and that would be leave a much lower work burden. Right now I'm about half-and-half, which is good as getting rid of a few customers also was kind of the point with the increase.

I had a few customers do this and the same thoughts as you, prob 6-10 outta 400 so keep going strong. You let the fear get in you will be same price 10 years down the line.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had a few customers do this and the same thoughts as you, prob 6-10 outta 400 so keep going strong. You let the fear get in you will be same price 10 years down the line.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yeah the price increase is based on the current schedule not a change, so willing to lose some customers if need be for the long term of my round. Like I said most are happy to the price increase without changing frequency

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I tell all mine on day one that if they change frequency there price changes (give 4/8 weekly prices, usually 8 weekly 25-30% more) so if they tried that after price increase I'd just add the premium for 8 weekly on top

Update on my price increase

23 Customers up for a price increase

16 happy with the increase

5 cancelled

2 not replied yet

Happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back