Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

800 litre baffled upright tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys does anyone have a new model Toyota proace or Citroen dispatch van that has a 800 litre upright tank fitted ? Reason I’m asking is that I have new van ordered and hoping the 800 litre tank will fit in ok

Thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Sorry Jason, but you order a vehicle to suit the job you require it to do rather than order it and hope it will work. Its the same when buying a new pole. If you need a 30' pole its no good buying a 22' pole and then asking if it will work after you have ordered it.

Toyota do several body length and payload variants. Surely Toyota gave you a brochure listing diamensions and specifications. Obviously we don't know what van variant you ordered and Toyota don't seem to provide specs on their website.

I looked on the Peugeot website (presume they are the same for Toyota) and the 3 cargo area floor lengths are 2162mm, 2512mm and 2862mm. Mid height figures 1835mm, 2185mm and 2535mm

Maximum load height is 1397mm and the width between the wheel arches 1258mm.

A Wyedale tank height is 1100mm, width 700mm, and length 1250mm.

What Peugeot don't list that I could see was the available height of the rear opening doors. If its close to the maimum interior height then the tank will go in. However, there won't be much room between the rear of the tank and the rear doors of the swb van.

Peugeot do models with various payloads, and this is where you are going to come unstuck with the lower payload vans. The tank full of water weighs about 830kgs. The issue I see is that the tank has to be fitted in the correct position so both front and rear axles aren't overloaded when you tank is full, fuel tank is full and you have all your equipment and window cleaners on board.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're doing enough daily work to NEED an 800 litre tank then buy a van capable of handling that.   I havr never needed larger than 500L to complete a days round.  

The corect approach is to look at all your gear then buy a van to manage it all.  

You will also still need 12-18 inches above the top of the tank to access the lid for filling. 

If you're doing enough daily work to NEED an 800 litre tank then buy a van capable of handling that.   I havr never needed larger than 500L to complete a days round.  

The corect approach is to look at all your gear then buy a van to manage it all.  

You will also still need 12-18 inches above the top of the tank to access the lid for filling. 

Exactly. I appreciate that there is a lot more choice today in the van market, but in my commercial days with Citroen a payload of this plus equipment would put the vehicle requirements into the catagory of the 3500kg vans, ie Transit T330 - T350.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. I appreciate that there is a lot more choice today in the van market, but in my commercial days with Citroen a payload of this plus equipment would put the vehicle requirements into the catagory of the 3500kg vans, ie Transit T330 - T350.
Toyota Proace and the Peugeot Citroën variants have a payload between 1400 and 1500kgs. More than enough to carry an 800l tank, 2 men and all equipment. 

Thanks guys I did my research and I know the measurements and I think it will just about fit in but only thru the back door with about an inch to spare. However I will not know for sure until the frame is fitted to the tank and I try it and I was just wondering if someone already had that set up and could confirm it would definitely fit. It’s also a 2.0 medium which has a 1400 payload.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Toyota Proace and the Peugeot Citroën variants have a payload between 1400 and 1500kgs. More than enough to carry an 800l tank, 2 men and all equipment. 

I found now found a spec sheet on Toyota's site. The basic spec swb has a payload of 1000kgs.

The mwb and lwb models have a max payload of 1400kgs.

The problem is there’s no info on the height width etc at the rear doors obviously it’s not as high or wide as the brochure gives for dimensions and that’s were the problem arises I’ll not know until I physically try it

The problem is there’s no info on the height width etc at the rear doors obviously it’s not as high or wide as the brochure gives for dimensions and that’s were the problem arises I’ll not know until I physically try it

This is true. Van builders do try to make that opening as high as possible, but it isn't as high as the internal height.

I would take a tape measure and ask an owner if they would mine you measuring the opening of their van.

Back