Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO filter replacement

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi I have a 100 gpd RO from pure freedom does anyone know what the 2 filters are on the top and if they need changing also is the anyway of making it produce more water I already have a booster pump on it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
100gpd isn't very good for producing the amount of water you will need for wfp. The 2 filters on the top should be membranes which will be 2x50gpd.
You could buy 150gpd membranes (about £40 each for quality ones) so just 1 would increase your production by half so if you buy 2 you should easily double your production.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

100gpd isn't very good for producing the amount of water you will need for wfp. The 2 filters on the top should be membranes which will be 2x50gpd.
You could buy 150gpd membranes (about £40 each for quality ones) so just 1 would increase your production by half so if you buy 2 you should easily double your production.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Actually he would tripple his production, but he will hardly notice the difference. But with a booster pump that should give him just enough water if he was processing water into an IBC tank.

He could add an extra housing with a third 150 gpd membrane and this would increase output even more. A 450gpd will keep him in water, but he will need a controller on his ibc tank to switch everthing off when the tank is full.

Thank you for your reply’s I do already have a booster pump I have just ordered some more membrains so hopefully it will help thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thank you for your reply’s I do already have a booster pump I have just ordered some more membrains so hopefully it will help thanks again

A 450gpd r/o just managed to keep 2 of us in water with a bit of forward planning. I filled one van on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

Usually we had a full IBC tank on Monday pm. We were running at 40 psi without a booster.

A fellow window cleaner has a 300gpd r/o with booster and he just manages to supply his requirements. He has his brother work along side him a couple of times a week.

We only need to change the prefilters regularly. The most important is the carbon block filter as that has a limited service life. If it goes over that service life then it stops removing chlorine from your water. Chlorine then passes into the membranes and slowly destroys them.

So we always use Fiberdyne from Gardiners - other suppliers will/should have an equivalent. The 10" ones give you a service life of 38k of water which is pure and waste combined. For the 2 of us that would be approx every 3 months. The cheaper c/b filters give a service life of 10k.

The membranes don't need to be replaced until their performance drops. Most quality membranes will remove about 98% of the impurities in your water when they are new. (Example; 100ppm in - 2ppm out.) I was told by a supplier in the early days that 94% efficiency is probably the time to replace membranes. (Example; 100pm in - 6ppm out.) For your water quality you might choose to replace them either sooner or later - it depends on your resin use to polish those remaining ppm off.

So its all about comparing the inlet TDS with the pure output from the r/o before di.

I ordered a 400 gpd now I can’t get my water down below 0.10 I only have it going through a 1ltre resin vessel could this be the problem?

Back