Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippa tank

Anyone out there who deliberated for a long time on whether spending the money on a grippa tank system would be worth it? And after spending the money do you think it’s worth it or over priced?

Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
What price do you put on your life?

IMHO no tank is safe at speed. But I would like to at least have better odds at survival. This is why I drive like the granddad I am.

When I bought my Citroen Relay I drove 100 miles one way to collect a used Ducato/Relay/Boxer factory option steel bulkhead which is very much stronger than the tin can bulkhead accessory you can buy.

I appreciate that setting up a system is costly. This is why I suggested a Wyedale tank with a crash tested frame by Purefreedom. It not as nice and the same quality as the Grippa Tank system is but its far superior to the same tank held in by ratchet straps.

Grippa have supplied equipment to a lot of vans and I haven't seen and heard any complaints. Their after sales service is on a par with Gardiners.

A tank can also last a long time. The tank I have in my Citroen Relay was transferred from the first Citroen Relay I had. So under normal circumstances you will have that, or any other quality tank for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not got there system but have got there hydroheat boiler it’s to

notch very good build quality and Oliver is brilliant to deal with no hard sell 

I had a 500litre double Di system supplied and fitted to my Partner last March, all done in a day on my drive. It was bolted to the chassis with a split charge relay (which I've not charged the battery yet), and has been utterly reliable.
Any queries such has resin changes etc, were replied promptly by Oliver but to be honest the set up has run happily. I also chose the internal pole rack and external ports.
The thing I like is when I come home at night plug it into the garden tap and forty minutes later the tanks full (auto shut-off) and good to go the next day.
Ultimately you can get it all done cheaper if you do it yourself, but I had the van fitted out on Wednesday and it was working and earning for me on Thursday.
I've done 25 years on the ladders so felt I'd done my apprenticeship and went and treated myself.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for feedback guys. Interested to read you can refill a 500 litre in 40 minutes. I was looking at a 850 to increase from my current 650 and possibly from 1 reel to 2 reels so does this mean if I got a 650 and popped home at lunchtime I could make 200 litres in about 15 minutes? And therefore no need for a 850!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have there 800 ltr per hour booster pump, and I have a 1000 ltr tank and can fill it from empty in around 2.5 hours but I have a low tds of about 90 so don’t put much water to waist . If you pop home at lunch for half hour or so you should be able to top up enough to last the rest of the day for two people to work for the rest of the day : phone Oliver and have a chat to him he’s very open and helpful and no hard sell 

I'm umming and ahhing about getting a Grippa delivery system installed. I wish I could read their website without having to use a magnifying glass though ?

They make some nice looking kit....... BUT...... in my opinion..... rather overpriced (sure there's custys that say the same of me) 

Also...... people harp on about crash tested tanks BUT they are crash tested only to 30mph.    Most of my day is dual carridge ways 50-70mph. 

Why not ask them to hook you up with a customer near you so you can go see one in person?

I’m in Northern Ireland and I’m sure they’re very few over here if any at all perhaps grippa will offer me a 20% discount to get the ball rolling and the other orders will follow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Anyone out there who deliberated for a long time on whether spending the money on a grippa tank system would be worth it? And after spending the money do you think it’s worth it or over priced?

Thanks in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have had a Grippa tank for around 4 years.Great product and customer service from them.

In my opinion it is the best branded(non d.i.iy)installed system out there that you can buy at the minute.

Back