Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best brush

Jimbo

Looking at investing in new gardiner brush, currently use the xtreme which I like but feel like it doesn't quite give a thorough clean. What is everyone's go to all round brush?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

There's isn't a best brush.

But heres my opinion having tried half a dozen or so.

I use 2 brushes only.

1. Extreme - lightest brush available and ideal to use all day long everyday  for maintenance cleans with no heavy scrubbing required 

2. Gardiner sill brush - ideal for first cleans, gutters and fsg, conny roofs and generally dirty work.

These 2 brushes cover everything for me and I see no reason to have any others 

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t get on with sill brushes so for me it’s the Xtreme nat/hybrid as my main brush and either the Ultimate med/soft or flocked if I need more scrubbing power, which is seldom. These are the brushes I have on my vehicle at all times.

The universal sill stiff brush from gardiners i use is really good on first cleans, you can get right into the corners, i have used it on regular cleans too and had no complaints(yet),but wonder if i should have gone with the medium,
Just ordered a supreme medium and a super-lite compact flocked to try,

On my other pole i have a WCW phoenix lightweight brush, but it doesn’t seem to get stubborn stuff off as good as the universal sill, so tend to use the universal on everything except solar panels,

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I use gardiners extreme on maintenance cleans as it's so light and cleans well.
Also use gardiners ultimate as still very light and cleans as well as any other brush.
Use a longer gooseneck and swivel and you can still clean the sills.
No need for a heavy brick sill brush I.m.o.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My current brushes are the supreme soft hybrid and the supreme medium mixed hybrid. They seem to float around the frames have great scrubbing power and are excellent on upstairs sills expecially the supreme soft. Very happy at the moment, I recently purchased the new xline DuPont bristle rinse bar which is good but I cant seem to get on with the rinse bars, much prefer to have the power turned up and use pencil jets. will probably end up flogging it, wouldn't mind trying the universal brush from gardiners

Back