Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwash Surfactant and basic Softwash stuff?

slippy

Was going to get a barrel of hypo an 8 litre garden  sprayer and Softwash Surfactant.  Where's the best place to get this?  Especially the Softwash Surfactant I heard this is what u need for basic softwashing.  

Also where u guys get tfr?  Isn't this applied to pvc and how do you apply it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the stuff.  Was going to mix it in a watering can then use that or a 25 litre barrel marked with each litre then use a trolley.   How u transport these dangerous chemicals in van, in a flexitub?  Spill proof box in garage 

DSC_0118.JPG

I’ve only just started using TFR. Currently using UBIK. It makes mincemeat of conny roofs. bad FSG’s it should be good on also. Used it on a few first cleans for windows but not really necessary unless theyre really bad like. Thick black soot or Green grime & all that. Using roughly 20/1 mix give or take i dont measure it to a tee and works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It don’t do anything washing up liquid wont do mind, just does it a bit quicker. Conny roof i did with washing up liquid 2 years ago took over two hours. Had it done in an hour and a half this time with ubik. I use LIDLS w5 platinum, best washing up liquid out there. Has a great degreasing quality. Streak free too. I dont think fairy liquid is the one for window cleaning

I’ve only just started using TFR. Currently using UBIK. It makes mincemeat of conny roofs. bad FSG’s it should be good on also. Used it on a few first cleans for windows but not really necessary unless theyre really bad like. Thick black soot or Green grime & all that. Using roughly 20/1 mix give or take i dont measure it to a tee and works fine.

Do you just pump it up using trolley and pole?  Put on glass as well as pvc on coni roofs then leave it 20 mins to break down the gunk before going over with pure?  

It don’t do anything washing up liquid wont do mind, just does it a bit quicker. Conny roof i did with washing up liquid 2 years ago took over two hours. Had it done in an hour and a half this time with ubik. I use LIDLS w5 platinum, best washing up liquid out there. Has a great degreasing quality. Streak free too. I dont think fairy liquid is the one for window cleaning

I guess u don't pump washing up liquid up through pimp just dip brush into a bucket with it mixed in water 

Nooo dont stick none of it in a backpack or trolley mate, could knacker it and /or void the warranty. Just slap it all on your brush for windows or fascias and away you go boy. You can also get a mixer bottle for your hosepipe, put the tfr in bottle connect it to hosepipe and spray on to conny roof. Only do a couple of panels at a time in spring/summer/autumn as you dont want the ubik drying on to it. Good pre-soak helps. If youre worried about using tfr just stick to washing up liquid. Dont make no difference like but using tfr gets you slightly quicker results pal get what im saying

Nooo dont stick none of it in a backpack or trolley mate, could knacker it and /or void the warranty. Just slap it all on your brush for windows or fascias and away you go boy. You can also get a mixer bottle for your hosepipe, put the tfr in bottle connect it to hosepipe and spray on to conny roof. Only do a couple of panels at a time in spring/summer/autumn as you dont want the ubik drying on to it. Good pre-soak helps. If youre worried about using tfr just stick to washing up liquid. Dont make no difference like but using tfr gets you slightly quicker results pal get what im saying

It's an old trolley.  I just changed the pump for £8.  Got a chemical pump as well incase it breaks.    You say slap it on your brush.  You mean mix it in a bucket then dip wfp brush in bucket and then start scrubbing.   

I got this fancy spray nozel thing which attaches to my SLX from Darren Ansbro to spray it on stuff.  Also you would have to spray it on those finicky little things at the top of a coni roof.  A brush could break them

If its washing up liquid yeah straight on the brush, if its tfr bucket job

Shove it in a backpack to spray it

They are designed originally to spray weedkiller and garden type chems

Just rinse it out when done if using hypo 

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a water genie backpack for hypo etc and it's going as strong as when I first got it. I just make sure I run a few tanks of plain water immediately after

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back