Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help needed to quote this please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Hi

Need to give a quote for this commercial premise.They want windows every 8 weeks and the inside windows every 16 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.Ive purposely avoided insides and these look a pain.

cheers 

dabber

69FC2079-2512-4B76-ACE4-6DBAA7B93772.jpeg

65E07E14-39DF-4EF3-BDF6-D5404AE9F31B.jpeg

4A228EC3-1688-4990-B028-37AD6E7A83EC.jpeg

D1FF8F58-D84C-45DF-99C1-6CD376D67061.jpeg

A28C3445-1D0C-4650-84C8-1A0678DDCDF1.jpeg

97352406-EE51-4438-AD54-19EF78583AFC.jpeg

Uh ohhh external sash bars by the look of it. Could be up & down the ladder a few times fitting those buggers if they come loose. Those velux windows in the roof too, how the hell are you gonna clean them? Or have you agreed not to? What about the inside lol? Sash in there too?? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Uh ohhh external sash bars by the look of it. Could be up & down the ladder a few times fitting those buggers if they come loose. Those velux windows in the roof too, how the hell are you gonna clean them? Or have you agreed not to? What about the inside lol? Sash in there too??
emoji23.png

Cannot see any velux am I missing something ?. The dormer windows are doable providing you have a 47 foot pole and can stand well back 

Sorry meant dormer lol. Depends whats behind for you to stand well back. More than likely traffic these days

Ive got a 35 and would be pushed to reach that i reckon. Especially the angle. Set too far back in the roof for my liking.

I think if you usually avoid internals then these are defo going to be a pain !, if it were me doing that job i would use a  6 inch blade where possible for the first internal clean and cloth then rest, i wouldnt expect a fantastic finish but it would clean the worst and be reasonably painless for you.

I think if you usually avoid internals then these are defo going to be a pain !, if it were me doing that job i would use a  6 inch blade where possible for the first internal clean and cloth then rest, i wouldnt expect a fantastic finish but it would clean the worst and be reasonably painless for you.
Spotless job on insides easy

Just trad the buggers with a small squeegee

Dormers i could reach with my 30'

Not as bad a job as it looks

I do houses like that regularly

I would inspect it closely for the first clean and price accordingly

on a maintenance basis i would say £50

looks an hours work tops

35 foot pole sounds ideal with the reach maybe being 39 foot. As it’s a regular job and looks like it might be good money you don’t want to put them off with big number like £300. I’d charge a premium for the first clean as they look like they might be filthy. Let’s say £200 inside and out. Might take you 3 hours. Then for maintenance cleans £60 for the outside and £100 for the inside as it’s less than 3 times a year. Once you’ve done it a few times it’ll be easy and they’ll be happy with the price.

Thanks for everyone’s advice.Going to go to the property this evening and ensure that I can reach the dormers,If I can I will sort the quote later.

Im a bit apprehensive about the insides as I’ve very little experience but as the replies state if I can get a good price it’s a regular outside clean and inside 3 times a year .

will keep you all posted 

thanks again

Dabber

35 foot pole sounds ideal with the reach maybe being 39 foot. As it’s a regular job and looks like it might be good money you don’t want to put them off with big number like £300. I’d charge a premium for the first clean as they look like they might be filthy. Let’s say £200 inside and out. Might take you 3 hours. Then for maintenance cleans £60 for the outside and £100 for the inside as it’s less than 3 times a year. Once you’ve done it a few times it’ll be easy and they’ll be happy with the price.

So you would do all the outside windows for £60 on this job but on the front of that nice new house you would charge £30 for 8 windows pricing doesn’t make any sense to me ?? 

Hi 

Reached the dormer with my slx22 pole which has a 5ft extension added.

Wasnt as far back as some suggested from the photos.Anyway quote submitted and see how we go.

Picked up two customers from the office whilst visiting for the quote so even if I don’t get the main job it was a worthwhile visit.

Thanks for everyone’s opinions.

Dabber

Hi 

Reached the dormer with my slx22 pole which has a 5ft extension added.

Wasnt as far back as some suggested from the photos.Anyway quote submitted and see how we go.

Picked up two customers from the office whilst visiting for the quote so even if I don’t get the main job it was a worthwhile visit.

Thanks for everyone’s opinions.

Dabber

So you wouldn't need a 47' pole like somebody posted earlier in the thread ?

Back