Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price fellas?

Incheck

Not your average front of house i know. Don’t do many whoppers. I’m thinking £30 + depending on what’s on them + accounting for a few side windows i cant see. by the sight of the builders van could be all sorts on them at a close up. I cant see the back so will have to judge that when i get there,

Thanks

f09337fb300b99856bd730da00cfdc61.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Lol i can get an aerial view of it, no conny on it unless its just been built. Still i cant judge from a birds eye view lol

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Really £30 for the front it’s only 10-15 muinets work going at snails pace , I must be way to cheap front only would be £10-12 
Yep, we're fortunate to be in a place where we say take it or leave it. For that price you get uniformed staff, with decent equipment doing the best job possible. We're one of the most expensive in our area and we're busy. We do however have 9 vans on the road so there's more overheads to cover unlike some one man bands but that's the nature of the beast.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Lol that’s a snail with turbo boosters mate. It is a first clean, people with houses this size generally dont have them cleaned often enough due to the cost. brown pvc i know but you still generally get that sticky green grime on the sills. Lots of trees round there too. Its easily double the size of a normal front of semi too. Wouldnt be surprised if we do 2x 25 litre barrels on the front

Yep, we're fortunate to be in a place where we say take it or leave it. For that price you get uniformed staff, with decent equipment doing the best job possible. We're one of the most expensive in our area and we're busy. We do however have 9 vans on the road so there's more overheads to cover unlike some one man bands but that's the nature of the beast.

Yes we have two vans and are very busy uniformed staff and are dearer than a lot of the competition: good on you if you can get those prices maybe I need to drastically increase prices , 

Wow 9 vans, you must dominate the market wherever you are. Nobody round here is anywhere near that big apart from one massive regional company that covers the whole of the m4 corridor. Keep it going!

Wow 9 vans, you must dominate the market wherever you are. Nobody round here is anywhere near that big apart from one massive regional company that covers the whole of the m4 corridor. Keep it going!

9 vans, not all window cleaning sadly. We do oven, carpet, upholstery, curtains, patio, gutters etc etc. One of my colleague had a tot up the other day, and worked out he's cleaned over 3,000 ovens in Norfolk!

£100 easy if you can’t see it and it’s a one off clean. For regular clean anything over £50. I’d be charging £30 just to do the fronts. If i were to give you my best guess. £80

I need to get back in to domestic window cleaning.

£70-£100 +vat is very good money for a domestic house of that size.I'm not sure if I see it different but I see a nice but average size 4 bed detached house with easy access.

I need to get back in to domestic window cleaning.

£70-£100 +vat is very good money for a domestic house of that size.I'm not sure if I see it different but I see a nice but average size 4 bed detached house with easy access.
I agree mate

I can smash them out all day long.. £25-30 take maybe 20 minutes

First clean would take longer but lovely frames to work with so not that long

Oxfordshire here: depending on back (I’m assuming multiple patio doors or bifold) and velux I’d be expecting about £35-50 for me using WFP. Shouldn’t take more than about 35/40min once the first clean is out of the way. 

I generally find that people who live in houses this size very rarely go beyond the first clean, maybe due to cost i dont know, i’ll push for what it’s worth. We could probably clean 4 small houses and use the same amount of water in the time it takes to do this one. Showed up at one the other day and it had been 2 years since we last visited? so first clean all over again. Priced it under the first time as well so dont want to make the same mistake again [emoji849]

Id be looking for 35- 40 front and back. Prob take 35 mins. I usually stress that I'll waive initial clean fee if I know it's going to be a regular job but make sure it's a good price to start with. Sw Scotland here by the way.

I generally find that people who live in houses this size very rarely go beyond the first clean, maybe due to cost i dont know, i’ll push for what it’s worth. We could probably clean 4 small houses and use the same amount of water in the time it takes to do this one. Showed up at one the other day and it had been 2 years since we last visited? so first clean all over again. Priced it under the first time as well so dont want to make the same mistake again
emoji849.png

That’s not my experience at all. I have well over 50 houses a month this size and bigger. Some of my regular residential customers pay £120 a month to do theirs.

It’s just important to get your pricing right in the first place (and continually do an excellent job obviously). 

So if you are pricing the front only you are saying that’s £3.75 per window =£30 is that what people are charging per window ? I accept a couple of them are larger but that seams very expensive to me , this isn’t a criticism Ime genuinely intrested what people charge and how they come up with that figure , I try to work on minimum £30 per hour per person so 30 muinets =£15 minimum the fronts of said property wouldn’t take more than 15  muinets so by my calculations it should be £7.50 but I would charge £10-12 thinking I have priced it ok , how do you all come up with a price ? Per window? Time? Personally pricing per window works to a degree but I look at the number of windows and how long I think it will take to reach the minimum hourly rate 

In the real world.  £60 first clean front sides and back - Im allowing 90 minutes.  

£35 monthly. Im allowing 20-30 minutes. Plus travel time from last job to next job 

You can only price it on time.  Plucking numbers outa thin air makes for a poor business model. 

Back