Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what would you have made for your pole?

CustomMadeUK

hi all gauging interest as my son has just spent all his xmas money on a 3d printer over 1k!!! he has made some great things and im amazed at the strength of the plastic.

if you could have something custom made for your pole or other equipment what would it be?

hi all gauging interest as my son has just spent all his xmas money on a 3d printer over 1k!!! he has made some great things and im amazed at the strength of the plastic.
if you could have something custom made for your pole or other equipment what would it be?
Could you 3d print a whole pole

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Parts for a rotary on/off valve. I’ve made a few using nylon bar in a lathe and they work great - even switches at full 36ft.stretch. It’s just they take time each one being hand crafted.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Another 3D printer owner, nice!  :1f603:

I have a few designs up on youmagine. The brush turned out to be less practical due to the angle of the head, and the pole endstop didn't hold up very long, although that was only printed in PLA so didn't expect much. I really ought to clean up and upload some more designs.

The issue with 3D printing stuff to use at work is - and it saddens me to say this - it's in most cases not really worth the effort seen from a professional perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I love 3D printing, and when I started out window cleaning I saved pennies everywhere by spending a lot of time designing and building stuff all the time. These days with a full round, it's better to just do another day of work, buy a true and tested injection moulded spare part from gardiners, and crack on working. The time are better spent with family, than using hours to save pennies.

I still 3D print, and I still design stuff, but it's mostly either for fun, because I can, or something totally custom that's not available anywhere else. Like, the 3D printed mould I used to make the encasing the connection between the reel and pole hose is still going strong.

Another 3D printer owner, nice!  :1f603:

I have a few designs up on youmagine. The brush turned out to be less practical due to the angle of the head, and the pole endstop didn't hold up very long, although that was only printed in PLA so didn't expect much. I really ought to clean up and upload some more designs.

The issue with 3D printing stuff to use at work is - and it saddens me to say this - it's in most cases not really worth the effort seen from a professional perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I love 3D printing, and when I started out window cleaning I saved pennies everywhere by spending a lot of time designing and building stuff all the time. These days with a full round, it's better to just do another day of work, buy a true and tested injection moulded spare part from gardiners, and crack on working. The time are better spent with family, than using hours to save pennies.

I still 3D print, and I still design stuff, but it's mostly either for fun, because I can, or something totally custom that's not available anywhere else. Like, the 3D printed mould I used to make the encasing the connection between the reel and pole hose is still going strong.
Great work matey, currently he is making business card holders or companies around here. i love the magnitude of idea's that people come up with!! i told him i want something made for my window cleaning business but don't know what as yet...spoiled for choice..lol

Exceed have a rectus 21 cover for there tubless kit made of plastic
They are really good and make the fitting last a lot longer

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

A carbon fiber brush head with dovetail slots around it. Then all we need to do is buy plastic strips with bristles on it. Fit two end caps and away we go. Once worn out, just replace with new plastic strips. That's the future, I guess.

Don’t think a 3D printer could do it but a swivel that sits inside the pole to stop the pole hose from twisting up, I’ve tried various types usually associated with jet washers but they are all too stiff for what we need.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
So many times I've thought that! If only there was a really free spinning in-line swivel you could get that stops the hose twisting! If someone could invent one I would definitely buy one.

Latest Posts

Back