Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many customers a day?

Suhrly

How many customers/houses are you WFP guys getting through a day on average? Mainly you guys working alone as a one man setup.. 

I guess that depends on how many hours you won’t to work and how big the houses are.
I tend to do about 12 but I only do short days and have a good mixture of large and small houses in my round ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

The number of customers I do each day can vary dramatically for me as I have a mix of complete houses, houses with no rear access (so front cleans only) and flats most of which are in terraces. Many of my houses are very close to each other so sometimes I can get through quite a bit in a day.

Today I did work for 39 different customers, one of my busiest days. My least busy day is probably about 25 customers.

However, this is probably not typical for most window cleaners as mine is a very compact round with almost all of my work being within one square mile on a very large estate.

I usually work from 9am to 4.30pm with 45min to an hour for lunch break

Last edited by a moderator:
Different everyday as all different sizes amd compact/non compact days etc

Anywhere from 7 to 24 in a day at a guess

As long as I hit my target moneywise per week I'm happy

over the last 3 years each guy as averaged 16 aday for me 

some days they do 20 and the other the net day they may just do one 

i like them to do between 14-17 as i think thats about right for one man , this includes wipeing all doors down and lower sills   

I have one day on my round where I only do 3 houses on that day. (If I’m on my own).

These are 3 massive properties In chislehurst (very posh). Each property is £80 and is a full 8-4pm working quick. 

Anyway, must go and pack, off to Tenerife tomorrow where it’s currently 28 degrees! Sorry, couldn’t resist ???

Number of houses mean nothing somedays between 2 of us we do two houses another day 2 of us do 25 houses.

my rounds consists of many different house types so impossible to give an average.

I have one day on my round where I only do 3 houses on that day. (If I’m on my own).

These are 3 massive properties In chislehurst (very posh). Each property is £80 and is a full 8-4pm working quick. 

Anyway, must go and pack, off to Tenerife tomorrow where it’s currently 28 degrees! Sorry, couldn’t resist ???

Now ya just showing off! haha enjoy mate!

Number of houses mean nothing somedays between 2 of us we do two houses another day 2 of us do 25 houses.

my rounds consists of many different house types so impossible to give an average.
it does mean nothing den,i agree i can average five a day some more some less -its an age old topic thats verges on willy waving,

what really matters is----------------,after you'ved done all that work,no matter how many houses/flats or whatever you can call them is your profit margin,simple as that

it does mean nothing den,i agree i can average five a day some more some less -its an age old topic thats verges on willy waving,

what really matters is----------------,after you'ved done all that work,no matter how many houses/flats or whatever you can call them is your profit margin,simple as that

Cheers Kevin. No willy waving was intended lol. I'm just curious is all just thought I'd enquire what different folk say and I fully understand the amount is not what is important at all  :1f44d:

I don’t think it matters how many properties weather it’s 1 huge house or 40 small the important thing as far as Ime conserned is the daily earnings per person we have set targets that are achievable both in time for a job and price of each job it’s vary rare that we don’t reach the target usually the only reason we dont make it is due to weather had a bad week this week with high winds !!!!!!

Yesterday I did 5, the day before I did 10. I have a customer where the outside takes a whole day and 700l of water, and the inside takes five. That's not a house though.  :1f609:

It's easier not to look at volume, but more money.  Some days I have one job that pays me my entire days money, others it takes 10, other days 20.  Just depends where they are, what they pay, and how much set up and driving time is needed to get through them all.

I think it's better to look at what you want to earn in a day (not even necessarily an hours rate because some jobs pay better than others per minute) and just look to organise your work to fit that time frame.

There's always an opportunity to earn more, and many excuses to earn less, but as long as you organise your day the evening before you know exactly where you need to be at 1/2/3/4/5/6pm or whenever you want to go home :)

It so depends on how close the work is, an more important how I feel that day. Some days I literally fly through work (weekly targets not daily) done Wednesday 2-3pm other times same work, but it's lunch time Friday before its done. I have taken to not telling the wife I sometimes finish Wednesday. She'd find work for me to do ? 

Back