Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you include doors within your price?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

El Sombrero

I'm curious to know if any of you include doors within your pricing structure? When I say doors - I mean the typical uPVC ones - which I normally price at a quid. When pricing I usually see reference to the standard formula, (X being the amount of windows @ £1 + £2 for good luck etc) but I've seen very little mention with regards to doors. TIA

I always do white pvc doors. They stand out an grow Alge if left. I always visit so can say its part of the service. Also get to say if old an scratched to pieces that it won't come great. Some wood  especially old barn conversions I just dry brush cobwebs away. I believe it helps sell the service. Covered in price really as takes a min or two only. 

I'm curious to know if any of you include doors within your pricing structure? When I say doors - I mean the typical uPVC ones - which I normally price at a quid. When pricing I usually see reference to the standard formula, (X being the amount of windows @ £1 + £2 for good luck etc) but I've seen very little mention with regards to doors. TIA
Yes I do.  Once you're used to doing it it only takes a minute if that to wipe down a door and like Eddie says helps sell the service....

When i do a quote i allways price the front door in with the windows  in my head but let the potential new customer know that i clean the door free off charge just to sweeten the deal.? i know im getting paid to clean the door but everyone likes the thought of getting something done for free so them hearing the word FREE usualy works.

Always clean the doors

doors can be funny some folk dont like WFP so I only do it trad.

Sometimes I will wipe sills down it only takes minutes

Of course, use it as a selling point as well..

When some one asks for a window quote I always say "it will be £x that includes all your windows, frames, sills and even the doors" 

Makes it sound like you are going the extra mile 

I make sure I tell the customer I clean the full door regardless of glass. This is so they don't make an incorrect assumption that I only clean the glass on the door.

It helps so much because I'm pretty much the only one in my area that does this at all. Some don't even clean the window frames.

Other people in my area would say that's extras or add ons. I just quote it as the only package i do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always do doors regardless of their appearance and construction as a courtesy.

Always have done and during the pandemic it's been a tip generator for me.

They only take seconds to clean down 

every face book  pages i see apearing on my own fb  page   always says

we clean all sills / frames & doors as standard.    This is a selling point to them.   Trying to let newby customers think they are getting xtra services for free.    Most wfp  cleaners now do this,    as said above it takes seconds if speedy.       Some may use it to change there window cleaner if you do not offer this as standard.     just add it in your price   saying you do it for free.      They will not be the wiser

Thanks, I was interested in reading your comments. If we talk about doors, I recently replaced several doors in my house and found stylish model of wooden garage doors. My wife and I agreed that if she ordered a glass sliding door to the living room, I could replace the doors in the garage where my workshop is located. I like that we always find compromises. This made our home more comfortable. And I can say that I would charge a separate price for washing the garage door, but what about you?

House doors are included in the normal window cleaning. Garage doors are not included as standard but are done when requested at a price of £5 for a single, £8 for a double or two singles, provided that they are in a reasonable state. If they are dreadful they are charged at a higher rate as appropriate. We don't price houses to a set formula. We price on a mental rehearsal as we walk round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back