Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Streamline pole hose for Gardiner pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jango

I have just changed my pole hose to this reenforced pole hose,my friend gave it to me.  I get on with it much better than the all season gardiner. Is Gardiner reenforced pole hose good? I'm thinking of changing the pole hose on other brushes, I seem to get the all season tangled easily. I need to order some new stuff. Many thanks all. 

I've got the Gardiners reinforced pole hose. I used to love it but now it's really getting on my tits. Every time I extend the pole I'm having to stop midway to untangle it as it gets to the base section. I'm going to get some of that green stuff they sell.

It’s not great but better than the rhino stuff that is terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I've found making my pole tubeless with a JG fitting stopped hose kinking, as the hose can spin in the fitting without leaking, stopping the twisting that causes kinks. 

It’s not great but better than the rhino stuff that is terrible

I thought Rhino hose was the business.

Gardiners green works well for me. Like clisty I also use a JG fitting at the base of the pole. If the hose starts to get a bit loopy as I call it, I just disconnect, untwist and reconnect

I hated the rhino was expecting a really good product aswell , never know anything to get tangled as much

I hated the rhino was expecting a really good product aswell , never know anything to get tangled as much

hi paul,i feel your pain too,i have used the rhino and the claims from  perry about it laying flat were just not true,however tuffers is having problems with another make of hose so its more of a generic thing with hoses i feel,

however, i bought some new hose a week ago and a right royal pain in the butt it was just a mass of coiled up hose,what i did was tied one end to my ladder on the back door or the van-it was convenient at the time/ran the full lenght of hose out and untwisted it,then pulled and pulled on the hose-you'll get a good six foot or more of strecth from the hose and voila it now behaves a lot better no more twisting and coiling up-you should try this it does work,any coiled up sections just pop it under your foot and grab the hose and strecth it so the coil is no more.

it was something i rembered from my stained glass days,the lead we used was all buckled and bent until we stretched it to work hardern it and became much better to work with

i think this thing of work hardening pole hose could quite well catch on

Cheers mate will try this , was really expecting something decent wi the rhino and soon as I picked it up could tell was guner have problems with it

Cheers mate will try this , was really expecting something decent wi the rhino and soon as I picked it up could tell was guner have problems with it

just tried this on some green rhino,it works well the hose strecthes a long long way but looses that stickiness when its pulled and behaves a bit better-i feel it might work for you paul-ps pull that hose as much as you feel it'll go

If I can bring myself to put it back on one of my poles coz iv well fell out with the stuff lol

I've got to say, when I looked at all the blurb and videos on Rhino hose I was a bit skeptical. After all, hose is what it is, a long tube. And you can't twist it more than a few times before it will start to coil up and twist itself up. Some hose is obviously going to be better than others but overall they will all behave similarly if twisted too many times.

In my experience, the lighter the hose the easier it is to get in a mess. Also, some materials the hoses are made of are more prone to act up when a twist is applied to it than others.

Usually, the softer the hose the more likely it is to lay flat when layed out but it is also likely to be less robust in the face of all the abuse it's going to get in our trade. For example, I found PVC pole hose to be prone to wear caused by abrasion. It also punctured easily if caught in a rose bush or on some other sharp object, and also splits quite easily after being folded a few times.

Therefore my preference is PU hose. It is lighter, tougher and less flexible, and although it tends to tangle more quickly as a consequence when twisted, now I've learned how to manage it I find it infinitely better than PVC hose.

The key for me, was finding the knack of keeping the twist out of the hose, whatever hose I'm using. The hose doesn't twist itself. We put the twist in it by the way we operate. If we can work out how we are doing that and take steps to counter it we will have a much easier time of it

I will say though, that some hose I've used over the years just doesn't wan't to play ball no matter what you do with it and has ended up in the bin

I've got the Gardiners reinforced pole hose. I used to love it but now it's really getting on my tits. Every time I extend the pole I'm having to stop midway to untangle it as it gets to the base section. I'm going to get some of that green stuff they sell.
I have the green PU and even after 18 months it still coils and twists like a SOB. Need to order a new pole this month and I’m not sure which hose to get this time around either. 

Thanks for the comments folks.

do exceed do a decent pole hose? If so anybody using it. I am getting on with the streamline stuff I must say, one thing I have realised is my pole hose was far too long, so it's been cut down, it's much better now to work with?

Back