Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to tell customers I'm no longer cleaning there windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Laugher

I'm having a cull, making my round smaller, more manageable and hopefully less stressful.

what is the best way to tell customers I'm no longer cleaning their windows?

Letter or face to face? 

Also so going to recommend a new cleaner to them who covers the area they are in.

I was in a similar position and just told them face to face and that it was due to work commitments. The only thing I wouldn’t do is recommend unless you know them. By all means invite the guy to go up and introduce himself to your old customers but if they turn out to be useless then it may annoy them more. I am actually going back to the area now as last windows cleaners were rubbish apparently (customers words not mine). Putting an extra few quid on as did them when I was a newbie desperate for work and under priced them. Live and learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I’m surprised you want to do it to start with, why is it stressful? Are they good customers? Work isnt as easy to come by. Raise the prices and carry on, if youve got too much, show up late, they wont mind if youre a week or two overdue.

Nearly all are  good customers but the round has grown to big, the ones I want to get rid of I have to travel at least 20 mins to get to, which I didn't mind when I first started and didn't have many jobs, but now the business has grown and I just want to focus on the village I live in and the town I use to live in 10 mins down the road where most of my work is. there's only up to  5 or 6 in each village so now not really worth the travelling as there my old work and the prices aren't great and it takes up to 6 weeks to get round so the 8 weekly stuff takes 12 weeks 

Nearly all are  good customers but the round has grown to big, the ones I want to get rid of I have to travel at least 20 mins to get to, which I didn't mind when I first started and didn't have many jobs, but now the business has grown and I just want to focus on the village I live in and the town I use to live in 10 mins down the road where most of my work is. there's only up to  5 or 6 in each village so now not really worth the travelling as there my old work and the prices aren't great and it takes up to 6 weeks to get round so the 8 weekly stuff takes 12 weeks 
First thing I have leaned is to keep a firm time scale. Everyone of my 25 customers are very happy with monthly cleans. I don't accept anything else. From the first moment of conversation I say "I will clean your windows once a month and its around a pound a window but I'll come over and give you a price" Right away they have a good idea what I charge and after I view the house, I'm always cheaper because I don't charge for small windows and we start off on a happy footing when I say "First clean is same price". In 18 months I have never been bumped but I live in the estate and they all know my large van with the sign writing I just had professionally done. Human Behaviour never changes, when they believe they have a bargain they tell others. Soon I will have the whole estate because I produce one thing every customer demands? Reliability, this I believe is the ultimate qualification, simple, but scarce, in todays environment and best thing a cleaner can arise too, well in my opinion FWIW.

cheers m

It always cracks me up when people say oh getting rid of a few!!!
Bloody hell lads you’ve earnt them jobs sell them don’t just chuck it down the drain!!!

Latest Posts

Back