Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

[SOLD] 4040 sack trolley for sale

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGlassAct

When you can build a full 4040 from spares you have in the garage it’s time to reconsider what the hell your doing!

Anyway: see attached pictures, pretty self explanatory. It’s currently producing water at 19 ppm straight from the tap (so around 94% rejection rate) Tap water today was 274 at around 8degrees. I stuck the booster pump on it and the ppm went down to 10/11ppm (96%) My tap water pressure fluctuates up to 40psi - boosted it gets to 100psi.

I put a brand new GAC carbon filter in but would replace it with a fibredyne as soon as possible. Same with the sediment filter - I just put an old one in so I could test it.

The RO membrane - generally speaking - would need replacing if you want ultra efficiency but I would happily use it for another year. I replaced the O’ring on the housing as it leaked the first time I plumbed it in. It’s a spectrum SRO-4040-2500-LE membrane, so not cheap.

The only other thing to note is the TDS meter is only plumbed in to the feed side of the DI, I usually have the ‘sensor’ either side of the DI so I can monitor the ppm straight from the membrane (to make sure it’s not knackered) and the other side so I know it’s zero going in to my tank. The TDS meter is brand new from Gardiner’s. I don’t have the extra fittings to connect hosepipe to the John guest t piece that came with it (£3 off eBay)

Think that’s it - oh, the trolley needs air in the tyres...... and I’m not 100% sure where the spanners for the filters are?
9e6cd15f385ee854e353e94698e21815.jpg
f2a783634fa15c4b4e7845954e1b7bf7.jpg
fd74869bee6ee5db6af015a9caddbbc1.jpg
60a385049ce40ffdd18ea9a6578f433d.jpg
702fc67e08d93388e40769fdee293036.jpg
bed288875fbda9c98376bf243e34a5e0.jpg
caf468c48004b203099e92539a2ebd61.jpg

Any more questions just ask

Collection only from Burton On Trent

I’m looking for £220 but am open to sensible discussion once you’ve viewed it.

I also have a Gardiner 4040 booster pump with pressure switch that can go with it if needs be, I use it as a transfer pump at the moment so would need to buy a replacement before I let it go. Price negotiable but bear in mind when they sold them they were an absolute fortune!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hiya @AGlassAct I'm not interested in buying the system unfortunately but was wondering if you could help me understand how the TDS meter prong reading thing is connected to that tee looking pipe in your pipework. I recently bought a tds meter but it came with only 1/4 inch pipe fittings, I have 1/2" pipes but couldn't work out how to get it connected so i sent it back for a refund and haven't found a 1/2 inch pipe fittings for a tds meter yet.

thing.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gardiner’s were the only place that really stocked the 1/2” to 1/4” tee. I vaguely recall seeing them on eBay but they were rather expensive. Might be worth getting in touch with RO Man if you don’t want to get the one from Gardiners (think it’s an option with the HM meter in a drop down menu when you order it)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back