Carts69

Best add on alongside wfp

Just looking for some views on the best add on for a wfp round, opinions please on gutter vac or pressure washing, I understand that the gutter vac maybe better for the winter months & pressure washing for spring/ summer, but.. what am I likely to get extra work with the most

both quite big investments, so would like some views please?

I'd add more WFP customers alongside those you already have. :1f609:

I've done various odd jobs, some regular cleaning work, facade cleaning etc. It was a great day when I could say "I'm a window cleaner, and that's what I'm going to do", and drop all the odd jobs.

That said, I understand gutter vac is something one could expect from a window cleaner. We don't have any trees here so there's really no market for me.

3 hours ago, Carts69 said:

Yes I understand what your saying, but in my case I’m just starting out wfp, I was just seeking a sideline while things are building up, keep the money coming in!

A good side-line would be....canvasing for new customers!

Seriously its the best easiest earner and repeat work, if your just starting out that's where you should focus.

Gutter cleaning is pretty good money if you invest in the right equipment.Get a camera for inspection no ladders required.Get a vac with really good suction.You need 52mm pipe so suction with this size of pipe is crucial.You need a side entry hose machine.Sky vacs are good but expensive.You can get twin motor vacs from germany which are pretty good.You can get aluminum piping on ebay.Waterproof Go pro hero camera fixed to suction pipe and you have a cheap inspection camera.Powerwashing can be a good add on as well when window cleaning slack.

Thanks, I was looking to purchase the wetcat3600 from this company, https://www.guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product/wetcat-3600-watt-carbon-fibre-gutter-cleaning/?attribute_pa_pole-height=40ft-gutter-vacuum-pole-set

i have emailed this company several times regarding the weight of each pole & if they are 100% carbon fibre or carbon composite, but they simply never reply back to me..cleary not interested in making a sale!

i was looking to purchase this machine as it’s pretty powerful & was going to adapt it to a bigger intake at the front or..ad one of GrippaTanks side entry port, I’ve already got a camera for the pole, I was also going to invest in the 2” smooth bore hose, any thoughts?

Edited by Carts69