Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial gutter clearing & washing prices

jamiesmack

Ive got to price a nursing home tomorrow for gutter clearing & possible gutter & fascia wash as well.

They are residential style white gutters, some 2 storey, some 3. Its a big site though, so not sure how long it will take me - probably a couple of days on my own if it needs washing as well.

do you ever price by metre for this type of work? I was thinking of pricing each service separately and offering a reduction if they have both. 

Any ideas anyone who has done something similar?

You will be surprised how quickly you can vac out 250 meters of gutter providing it’s not growing trees we do a lot of large sheltered accommodation block 3-4 storey , maximum mornings work generally , cleaning the outsides of gutters facias soffits is a bit different at that height difficult to tell without seeing some pictures just price it well as it’s harder work than windows so needs to pay a lot more

Ive got to price a nursing home tomorrow for gutter clearing & possible gutter & fascia wash as well.

They are residential style white gutters, some 2 storey, some 3. Its a big site though, so not sure how long it will take me - probably a couple of days on my own if it needs washing as well.

do you ever price by metre for this type of work? I was thinking of pricing each service separately and offering a reduction if they have both. 

Any ideas anyone who has done something similar?
Incheck is right here I feel. I’d be looking at a day rate. That way the customer knows what they’re going to pay and you know how long you have to get it done. I always inspect guttering before committing just in case every inch is packed solid with muck. Know what your up against before pricing!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Been to have a look today, gutters are quite full, but nothing that the vac wont handle as far as I could see. The outsides were pretty dirty though so will take some cleaning.

Id estimate it at around 175m - 200m of guttering in total

Personally never do a day rate , I don’t want my customers knowing what I earn per day , I want more for doing difficult jobs than just normal windows: my gutter vac stuff costs 3.5 k so need to earn more to cover replacement costs and if it doesn’t take a day the customer will expect a reduction in price . If the job takes you more than a day will the customer be happy to pay more? Price per job don’t need to tell them  how long it will take , the price for the job is ££££££ If it’s best part of 200 meters of gutter it’s got to be £400 to empty and what ever you think the plastic clean should be , if people have a day rate you are capping your potential earnings Ime sure I could do 200 meters of gutter vaccing in less than a morning and move on to another job and earn more again in the afternoon we do this regularly and earn very good money but a day rate will kill that 

Personally never do a day rate , I don’t want my customers knowing what I earn per day , I want more for doing difficult jobs than just normal windows: my gutter vac stuff costs 3.5 k so need to earn more to cover replacement costs and if it doesn’t take a day the customer will expect a reduction in price . If the job takes you more than a day will the customer be happy to pay more? Price per job don’t need to tell them  how long it will take , the price for the job is ££££££ If it’s best part of 200 meters of gutter it’s got to be £400 to empty and what ever you think the plastic clean should be , if people have a day rate you are capping your potential earnings Ime sure I could do 200 meters of gutter vaccing in less than a morning and move on to another job and earn more again in the afternoon we do this regularly and earn very good money but a day rate will kill that 
The company I do most of my gutter work used a company with a cherry picker for gutters. They charge £500 for the day and they think that's too expensive as they won't put a time on it. I quote them on worse case scenario basis and get 90% of their work. 

Back