Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starter kit required for a complete novice

Cameronmalson1985

Hello. I’m new to window cleaning and looking at buying a starter kit. Any ideas what the best kit to buy for a new starter. Can I just fill the tank up and away I go. Sorry if I have asked some silly questions. Any help much appreciated ??

Hello. I’m new to window cleaning and looking at buying a starter kit. Any ideas what the best kit to buy for a new starter. Can I just fill the tank up and away I go. Sorry if I have asked some silly questions. Any help much appreciated [emoji1360]
If you let us know where you are ?
At what point your starting from?
No experience no customers?
Budget?
Fitting it in around your current job .
Means of transport if any?
I or many other can probably advise .
As if your filling a tank up to clean windows it has to be with purified water and buying/making it would then have to be part of your plan .

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I might jump on the bandwagon too of that's ok. I've got a holiday park consisting on 88 chalet/cottages filled to the brim with french windows and I mean every single window! My other stuff like house's and Nursing home etc are easy enough trad style but I have to admit wfp seems like an attractive offer! Sorry for lumping on this thread

I might jump on the bandwagon too of that's ok. I've got a holiday park consisting on 88 chalet/cottages filled to the brim with french windows and I mean every single window! My other stuff like house's and Nursing home etc are easy enough trad style but I have to admit wfp seems like an attractive offer! Sorry for lumping on this thread
In its basic form a pole.with brush head.
A pump, controller hose reel
A means to carry pure water .
25l barrels or a baffled tank .

Even more simple form
Back pack and pole
Barrels.

You will need to decide what type of pole you would be happy to use as how much your willing to spend and how happy you would be working with a heavier pole all day will have an effect on what you choose . I would say once you start using wfp you will cut down a lot on your trad work and increase your speed in your other work so could be great investment for you
Will help with add ons conservatory cleaning facia and soffit cleaning.

I would perhaps check with who's given you the contract for caravan park they are happy with this method and in order to do French panes effectively depending on afe style you would want to get a bit of practice in to be able to get a good result.

I buy my pure water so can't speak on best way to make it but a good starting point is getting a TDS meter and checking your home water supply this will then give you an idea of what kind of filtration you need to produce water if you so wish .

But depends on area a quick Google for pure window cleaning water might supply a local supplier so you could try it out .

Hope info helps let me know should you have any questions .

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks very much for that! I've been looking at a backpack and would have to buy the pure water in. Wfp for 1st floors and trad for ground floors, are there any brands/set ups that you would recommend?

Back