Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Groupon , Is it worth the hit?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi,

Has anyone used Groupon? Is it worth it as a client / income generator or is it a waste of time?

They have come back at me and said they would give me £20.00 for Gutter clearing, They would take £20.00 but could generate around 200 customers. My usual advertised price is £65.00

I can see it being ok as a cash generator but, im also half thinking the money that they take, I could just send to K in Kent and have more SEO on my site, but then again on the flip side, Groupon reckon they could generate the 200 deals over an 8 week period. 

So, im just wondering about companies experience with them or is it best to scrap the idea with them?

Thank you

You will end up losing money if it's a one size fits all plus travelling time as the jobs will no doubt be scattered, I wouldn't work for £45.00 less my normal rate

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Groupon worked well for us 10 years ago when it was the hot new website to try.  We sold over 800 gutter cleans in just 2 days.  Took 3 months to get them all done. 

Total ball ache.  Perhaps 5% repeate business.  

We were at the time the first company in the UK to advertise that service with them.  Now they call everyone that offers the service promising extraordinary deals.   

I know a lad that did it near hear in the summer and got 12 responses. 

I wouldn't touch them again. 

Back