Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Metal roof cladding/panels.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Would depend on the type of contamination but would think virosol or tfr would be a good option we have done some industrial units with this type of cladding and used virosol and hot water to good effect 

Think I might be looking at getting the 18ft pressure washing lance on them as long as it’d reach and it was in good and safe condition to pressure clean.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If its plastic coated you have to have to be careful with pressure washer and be careful on joints in the panels as water can penetrate to the inside of the premesis, it’s also likely that you will end up with striping using a pressure washer wfp will give better results 

Hypo will do the trick if it is mostly biological growth and you are comfortable/competent using it

As long as it isn't bare metal

Last edited by a moderator:

If its plastic coated you have to have to be careful with pressure washer and be careful on joints in the panels as water can penetrate to the inside of the premesis, it’s also likely that you will end up with striping using a pressure washer wfp will give better results 
Totally. I’d always inspect first. See what’s what. The virusol sounds like a plan though.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hypo will do the trick if it is mostly biological growth and you are comfortable/competent using it

As long as it isn't bare metal

Hypo on an aliminium alloy cladding is not a good idear as it as it is highly corrosive and will eat through it very quickly on any bolt hole fixings raw  edges etc Evan if it is washed off quickly the damage can be done and once the corrosive effect starts rinsing will not stop the damage from continuing 

Hypo on an aliminium alloy cladding is not a good idear as it as it is highly corrosive and will eat through it very quickly on any bolt hole fixings raw  edges etc Evan if it is washed off quickly the damage can be done and once the corrosive effect starts rinsing will not stop the damage from continuing 
According to Leo and Ben at Benz it is fine and the best way to clean steel and aluminium cladding

I have not had any issue with it

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Have used Hypo before but not on this cladding, I was just wondering if hypo may be a bit strong for the coating on the cladding.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Leo and Ben at Benz it is fine and the best way to clean steel and aluminium cladding

I have not had any issue with it

If you readthe data sheet for sodium hypochlorite is said not to use on metal surfaces especially aluminium, I have found that it causes problems with reclusive 21 fittings to unless you clean them very well they seize up and go green with corrosion 

Back