Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paying for water.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ragnar

I have a static tank set up to draw from,and another windy has asked if he can draws from it, only problem is how much I should charge him (he is happy to pay). I have looked on here but maybe I have missed the topic, so any advise would be welcomed.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I pay 5p a litre for 24 hour access pure ware .
If you can guarantee 000 water
With decent access I think 4p a litre is fair may be further discount for bulk buying or using more then a certain amount of water per week .

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If your selling you’ll have to be on a meter cheapest you can get a m2 near me is £5-7 obviously you have to purify it so that turns into £8-10 per 1000 that’s not including purification costs and set up costs

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I would charge just enough to cover my own water costs to produce including filters etc if it was me

Good deal just getting your own for free then

Spotless water is too dear for me but i used to go to the guy @oran gets his from.. was paying 4p a litre which was workimg out expensive.. when he went to 5p a litre i got myself an ro

Costs peanuts now for me

If your selling you’ll have to be on a meter cheapest you can get a m2 near me is £5-7 obviously you have to purify it so that turns into £8-10 per 1000 that’s not including purification costs and set up costs

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Costs me around £5 in water to produce 1000 ltr of pure per day 5 days a week about 48 weeks a year for one van . One bag of resin per year and ro x2 membranes approx every 8 years , I carbon sediment, and one  5 micron filter per year 

Thanks Guys, and Apologies for asking all of these questions. One last thing :

How much water is going in wastage per litre produced ,roughly?

Depends how you have the ro set up

A 4040 ro you need to regulate yourself to around 60% waste 40% pure but a smaller one like my 450gpd ro comes with a restrictor on which is about 1 3rd pure 2 3rds waste but i have an inline tap instead to make it around 50/50 but the membranes won't last quite as long

Hi Dave,

Did you put the inline tap on yourself or is an option from the people who supplied your RO system ?

I hate the idea of so much waste water. That's another reason i like the idea of rain water collection too.

Thanks Guys, and Apologies for asking all of these questions. One last thing :

How much water is going in wastage per litre produced ,roughly?

As i have a low tap tds my ratio is 80 pure to 20 waist aprox but I adjust it according to the tds when working in Bristol the tds there I think is around 380 I then have it around 60 40 , Ime luck with my system that I can adjust it myself, some systems are pre set for worst case scenario and can be from 40 pure to 60 waist I think the avarage are set around 50-50 , I don’t like waiting water as it’s an expensive commodity so being able to adjust it my self saves a lot of money over a year 

Thanks Pjj,

I'm going to  have to look into the best system for me that's adjustable. For exactly the same reasons.

I have always bought my water, but  the cost is  becoming a little too high and the outlets that were expected to be ready this month have been pushed back to the end of may. I need to become more self sufficient. As Scottish cleaning service said in one of my previous threads, you are always learning in this game !

Latest Posts

Back