Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This is why we use Pure water

Marko067

Going to show this to the next person that says, "If you run out of water, just use my tap" or "What do you put in your water?"

This is why we use pure - guess which one came out of my tap this morning. And yes they were two clean glasses

tap v pure.jpg

That looks mingin. I wouldn’t even drink that nevermind use it for cleaning. Pretty lucky up here, we get our water from the lakes and it comes out of my tap at around 35. Even through my boiler system and out the hot water tap it’s around 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

That looks mingin. I wouldn’t even drink that nevermind use it for cleaning. Pretty lucky up here, we get our water from the lakes and it comes out of my tap at around 35. Even through my boiler system and out the hot water tap it’s around 70.

I'm green never mind the water. haha

Is that normal? Cause it does look off. Have they been working on the pipes in your area?

No work has been done that I know of and surely that would push the TDS reading above normal. The reading I cited was taken at the time the water was drawn from my tap and is normal for this area.

He had a glass of milk in it first haha.

It does look like that but I can assure you they were clean classes

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you drink the purified water that you use for window cleaning? I’ve always wondered whether or not anybody had tried. I was told by WCW its not adviseable. Does the resin make it undrinkable or something?

420ppm

It kinda shocked me. As I poured myself a glass and turned away from the kitchen sink it caught the daylight. So I took another glass and drew some off my pure storage tank to compare.
Mine is approx 320 ATM also cloudy it does clear a fair bit if you leave it to run I'm sure we are both getting our water from Hanningfield shows the tds difference.

Can you drink the purified water that you use for window cleaning? I’ve always wondered whether or not anybody had tried. I was told by WCW its not adviseable. Does the resin make it undrinkable or something?

Yes, unless its food grade resin which we used to get at one time from RoMan. If you were dying of thirst then you would drink it.

American kitchens use Merlin/PRF r/os under the kitchen sink for drinking water. I'm not sure that stripping all the minerals from the water is the most healthy option, but at least these r/os leave about 10% of the dissolved solids behind. :1f602:

But hey, rain water harvesting for drinking water was very popular oversees on the farms in the 'sticks'. It was just so soft and totally different to the mineral laden borehole water which was the other option.

Personally I feel happier drinking water that has a bit of chlorine in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is approx 320 ATM also cloudy it does clear a fair bit if you leave it to run I'm sure we are both getting our water from Hanningfield shows the tds difference.

Think you’re right Den. Essex and Suffolk supply ours

Sometimes there are fine bubbles that cause cloudiness too, but they will usually clear within a minute.  This water was still like this after an hour

Latest Posts

Back