Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro advise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mikey0451

What ro units or gpd do you use for your 1000 l ibc tanks + is there any point having a di on ro unit for that volume or is it easier to have a vessel in the van? I Dont know my water pressure.....tia

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

With a bit of weekly planning, 2 of us (a van each) just managed with a 450gpd filling into an IBC tank but the r/o was controlled with a float level switch so worked away for most of the day and night.

We had the di straight after the r/o and filled the ibc with pure water. This saved us having to carry a di vessel on each van. When we had a third cleaner this eventually meant an upgrade of r/o as the r/o wasn't producing enough for the 3 of us.

We upgraded to a 4040 using the same float switch. Now if I completely fill my van with 600 liters of water the r/o has probably just finished replacing that by the time I get back in the afternoon and the IBC tank is full.

What ro units or gpd do you use for your 1000 l ibc tanks + is there any point having a di on ro unit for that volume or is it easier to have a vessel in the van? I Dont know my water pressure.....tia

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
You need to know your water pressure, the tds of your tap water and the flow per minute from your tap if you are going 4021/4040 size of r/o.

TDS meter from a reputable supplier - Gardiners, Daqua, etc - not Ebay.

Water pressure gauge from ebay etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silverline-Mains-Water-Pressure-Test-Gauge-Plumbing-Tester-0-11bar-0-160psi/382024788970?epid=2254703808&hash=item58f273abea:g:vMUAAOSwTM5Y3mlC

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back