Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

dirty brush head needs cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Howard

Hi guys, can you help a newbie!  Just done 8 first cleans and my brush head is now filthy and full of "bits"

Whats the best way to clean this up?

Cheers 

Hi guys, can you help a newbie!  Just done 8 first cleans and my brush head is now filthy and full of "bits"

Whats the best way to clean this up?

Cheers 
Run under tap, run fingers through it to flick dirt off and soak in bucket of pure overnight

I find them easier to clean when dry. Just pick the bits out of the stock and run fingers through the bristles.

When wet, I do pretty much the same as Clisty but I don’t soak them. If they are really bad after picking the clumped bits out I just put some pure in a plastic washing up bowl and give the brush a good rinsing and watch the bits drop out. Again I don’t try and get everything out. After all, when cleaning windows it’s the rinsing after the agitation that’s key to a good finish

Flocked brushes collect more muck and therefore require a little more attention

I find them easier to clean when dry. Just pick the bits out of the stock and run fingers through the bristles.

When wet, I do pretty much the same as Clisty but I don’t soak them. If they are really bad after picking the clumped bits out I just put some pure in a plastic washing up bowl and give the brush a good rinsing and watch the bits drop out. Again I don’t try and get everything out. After all, when cleaning windows it’s the rinsing after the agitation that’s key to a good finish

Flocked brushes collect more muck and therefore require a little more attention
I'll only soak if really filthy, otherwise just tend to run hand through it every couple of jobs

Don't think I've ever cleaned a brush, just use it on the next window and it cleans itself.
as above , if they get dirty duering the day then a bit o viasol on the brush the rub the **** out out 0f it on the side doors outa door handle job done ......... but i am out for quickness and keeping my hands dry 

I have days when only use flock brush, yes they hold more debris but a flick with you hand every few windows and all is ok again. 

I find my brush picks up a ton of dirt following high winds as it deposits a load of muck on the windows and frames. The muck also gets caught up in cobwebs which then end up in my brush. That’s when I mainly have to clean my brush. During most everyday use on maintenance work they don’t require a lot of cleaning if any

Latest Posts

Back