Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Yes or no? Any experience of this?

Hi all, as someone who will be starting out this year I'm looking to get a trolley based system. It seems that Gardiner are highly regarded but I'm trying to get started on a tight budget.

I've seen one of these for sale https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20ft-Telescopic-Water-Fed-Cleaning-Pole-30L-Water-Tank-Window-Cleaning-Trolley/252312318324?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649#rwid

The one ive seen is secondhand and with a 30ft pole, the chap wants £100 for it. Will it be good enough to get me going? Also can anyone recommend a West Mids supplier of 25l water containers please.

Thanks, Nathan

It might only last 6 months at most but if it gets you going and your budget is really tight its up to you, Personally I wouldn't buy it but I am in a different postion.

The wheels could fall off after continued use and the pole won't be 20ft long either no doubt it will have a reach of 20ft 

It might only last 6 months at most but if it gets you going and your budget is really tight its up to you, Personally I wouldn't buy it but I am in a different postion.

The wheels could fall off after continued use and the pole won't be 20ft long either no doubt it will have a reach of 20ft 

Long term this looks like a total waste of money as it won't last '5 minutes' and that pole is too short. I agree with you @Iron Giant

I would see this as better value for money

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WFP-Water-Fed-Pole-Window-Cleaning-Trolley-System-131psi-12V12AH/112798455695?hash=item1a434fd78f:g:AuMAAOSwdTJaXpKd

and then add a Gardiner clx27.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/telescopic-poles/clx-ii-carbon-composite-pole.html

Add orange pu hose. You could add pu hose with tap by I would add just the hose and buy a Univalve.

Then add a univalve

https://ex-ceedinnovation.co.uk/shop/uni-valve/uni-valve/

Yes it will cost a lot more than this £199 trolley @Kleen-Rite Cleaning Servic, but if you are cleaning windows under the name Kleen-rite then you need look a little more professional.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would advise making a d.i.y trolley. Then you get to know how to fix things from the start.

You get many a post from noobs when there backpack or van mount breaks down and they dont know what to do. 

These things are very simple, a battery, a pump, and some fittings but it's worth aquiring the knowledge early on.

As for a pole a 22 will do 99% of domestic work. You can get glass ones but pay the bit extra and get a clx.

If that's really all you have £100 then that will do a job for now, but it will likely be a case of buy twice so hold of a bit and save a bit if you can.

Thanks for the replies folks. Has anyone actually bought or used this system though?

As I understand it I'd need to spend at leas twice as much to get a gardiner backpack and pole. The thought of did is good but I wouldn't really know where to start.

Thanks, Nathan 

Thanks for the replies folks. Has anyone actually bought or used this system though?

As I understand it I'd need to spend at leas twice as much to get a gardiner backpack and pole. The thought of did is good but I wouldn't really know where to start.

Thanks, Nathan 
We would give you direction. I built mine a few months ago and thus all the parts should still be available. Honestly, but quality and you won’t regret it. Here’s what I built. I can even PM you instructions and links to the different parts. You don’t need to build it with the reel to keep costs down, if you wish. 

Yes, it is going to cost you more, but what you posted isn’t everything you need anyway. You still need a DI Vessel and resin, plus extra containers. 

733F5381-1CAA-4A5D-BABE-53FC48BE193B.jpeg

9ED3F687-7AEE-4854-8FA3-42CF2A851F75.jpeg

I would advise making a d.i.y trolley. Then you get to know how to fix things from the start.

You get many a post from noobs when there backpack or van mount breaks down and they dont know what to do. 

These things are very simple, a battery, a pump, and some fittings but it's worth aquiring the knowledge early on.

As for a pole a 22 will do 99% of domestic work. You can get glass ones but pay the bit extra and get a clx.

If that's really all you have £100 then that will do a job for now, but it will likely be a case of buy twice so hold of a bit and save a bit if you can.

A glass pole won't last very long Adam  :1f61c:

Thanks, Nathan 
I have a pure freedom trolley knocking about somewhere no pump or battery. Free if you many to collect from Kettering area.

Back