Clearview window cleaning

Traditional cleaner what are you happy to earn a day

I used to do about £20ph 10 years ago tradding but had to move fast for that and was hard to keep that up all day. It's definitely physically harder to use ladders so harder to put a long day in.

Also weather plays more of a role, slippery decking in wet weather, having to step on tiles in wet, ice, wind. Also wind blowing your ladder and blowing the soap back on the glass you've just done. Sunny hot weather- can't app more than 1 pane at a time as it'll start to dry before you get to it. You'll probably start taking risks on ladders as it becomes more ordinary and you get complacent. If you're going to start trad it's a good skill to have but be picky over what you take on and work with eventually switching to WFP in mind.

On 2/13/2018 at 13:18, scottish cleaning service said:

What about using the wfp for upper levels and trad for ground floor? That must be the cheapest, quickest and safest option? any thoughts, m

All my new accounts I have started to do wfp upstairs and trad downstairs unless customer wants trad up and down then I assess whether I am comfortable with that particular circumstance.

I have been up till past couple of weeks fully trad.

Totally agree regarding the price of cleaning windows. Cleaning my mate's and woman on ground floor asked me to do her's. I hummed and hawed and then said ok, a fiver. she near had a heart attack and said last guy charged £3. I just smiled and said the minimum price now is a fiver, some customers are still living in the past and that's where we leave them.

We will all be using the WFP due to the working at height regulations and that's the best way to inform a customer. When they chin you for using the pole, all you say is this:- guy from the council told me it was mandatory or they will take my licence away from me. Health and Safety I'm afraid.

I'm 12 months wfp now and I've spent a shedload of money, so i don't offer trad work full stop. The only time I use them now is once every three months to access a orangery to clean the roof lights.
The whole point for me was getting off the ladders, the only time they come off the van is for guttering jobs for regular customers and I'm winding that down now.
I was a bit naughty actually on two jobs I did say I would trad them but I've poled them now for months and they know but seem to have accepted it.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app