Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black Seals

Sewell8996

Just a quick one guys.

Did a first clean today but absolutely loads and loads of black runs came off the seals? This was scrubbed and rinsed to death but only seemed to continue is this the seal or just concealed dirt ?

Cheers

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sounds like the window seals have gone. Not a great deal you can do about it other than change the seals (or the windows). I have a few like these on my round ...

I’ve found over time with repeated cleaning the problem does deminish but the trick is keeping your customer happy in the mean time.  

There’s not much you can do about upstairs other than scrub n rinse as much as you reasonably can but I’ve bladed the pure off downstairs ones a few times when this has been an issue until it’s stopped 

I've had loads, I tend to just spray no nonsense degreaser on it, scrub like mad, leave it a couple mins, scrub on low flow, then rinse on full flow, then go over again, found the chems pull most of the black stuff out, last time get barely anything.

Back