Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van finance - advice and opinions please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamiesmack

Looks like I’m going to need a new van ??

Looking at using a leasing / finance option I think. Can I ask any of you lads that have gone down this route for your tips?

What vehicles would you recommend at the minute?
What company? Have been looking on vanarama.
What leasing option is best? 
Are you allowed to make alterations? (Bolting tanks etc)

Any other advice is appreciated

Looks like I’m going to need a new van ??

Looking at using a leasing / finance option I think. Can I ask any of you lads that have gone down this route for your tips?

What vehicles would you recommend at the minute?
What company? Have been looking on vanarama.
What leasing option is best? 
Are you allowed to make alterations? (Bolting tanks etc)

Any other advice is appreciated
I was told to steer clear of leasing/pcp as you are hit hard with charges on vans. You thought about a personal loan? Means you’ll own it at the end and can do what you like. 

Came  out of a lease with lex autolease last week 6 months early cost me 50% of the last remaining rentals once your in your in, In all honesty it was great for the first- second year then i just got fed up of paying out for something that wasn't mine. If you don't do a lot of miles then a lease ain't worth it and any knocks or small scarpes to bodywork have to repaired to a high standard all money

Just decided what van you want and get it on finance yes the apr is high but thats always the case regarding business finance, As for getting a personal loan yes it would be a lot cheaper but all depends if you are happy lying to the bank as personal loans cannot be used for business. 

As a sole trader you are the business so a personal loan is fine. They may dress it up as a business loan but it's not in reality, its a personal loan. As a sole trader the loan is unsecured (or secured against personal assets such as a house) and you are liable for it. 

A business loan is is generally for ltd company's and the liability is usually secured against the business assets.

As a sole trader you are the business so a personal loan is fine. They may dress it up as a business loan but it's not in reality, its a personal loan. As a sole trader the loan is unsecured (or secured against personal assets such as a house) and you are liable for it. 

A business loan is is generally for ltd company's and the liability is usually secured against the business assets.
I stand corrected [emoji4]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I also took a personal loan out on my van, I didn't really think about the business loan angle bit, if you've got a good credit rating there are some good finance deals to be had before the interest rates start creeping, and you'll own your van at the end of the term.
I look at running mine for ten years.
Lease companies can be a bit picky if you start drilling holes in their vehicles[emoji598][emoji598]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back