Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New WC jobs this year?

How many jobs have you picked up this year?

• 0-5

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • 11-20

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 21-30

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 30+

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Damo

The title should be "How many new jobs have you gained this year ?" But i get an error message stating " The value must be shorter than 36 characters " @Gav ?

Hopefully not a willy waving contest but i was just wondering how many new jobs people have gained?

Just interested in new regular window cleaning jobs at the moment :)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
lets start the willy war my willys bigger than yours damo  :1f602:      , i think since the new year ive picked up maby 12 new jobs  :1f44d:

Picked up 2 jobs so far but I am dropping a few jobs getting fed up of early starts .

I haven't done any active advertising as after xmas break and a weeks holiday last month I have wanted to get all jobs up to date.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

About 40

But "picked up" is the wrong phrase.

I've been checking money at marketing as im going for growth and employment this year.

Picked up, added, etc. I think people get the idea.

Set some goals and you will do it. 

After my third van on the road I got the hang of it but it’s hard going. Just about to go for the 5th van but I have a house to buy and that’s taking priority at the moment. 

Picked up, added, etc. I think people get the idea.

Set some goals and you will do it. 

After my third van on the road I got the hang of it but it’s hard going. Just about to go for the 5th van but I have a house to buy and that’s taking priority at the moment. 

Goal this year was to attempt to get to 80k and employ 2 staff. shall see how far i get...Reckon ill need about 600 - 650 customers, started the year on 320, now 360 ish so bit of work and a lot of money to invest yet!

Got a part timer starting tomorrow. Hopefully he`ll be a good un, settle in quick then i can look at getting another van asap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goal this year was to attempt to get to 80k and employ 2 staff. shall see how far i get...Reckon ill need about 600 - 650 customers, started the year on 320, now 360 ish so bit of work and a lot of money to invest yet!

Got a part timer starting tomorrow. Hopefully he`ll be a good un, settle in quick then i can look at getting another van asap.

Out of interest, how many customers have you lost or culled to get to 320? I'm at similar numbers since starting 18 months a go. I put a post on Facebook before Christmas and I unexpectedly gained 60+ in one weekend but it seems like I've lost half of them customers already, they are Facebook customers so they are messers but makes me think I'm doing something wrong.  

Out of interest, how many customers have you lost or culled to get to 320? I'm at similar numbers since starting 18 months a go. I put a post on Facebook before Christmas and I unexpectedly gained 60+ in one weekend but it seems like I've lost half of them customers already, they are Facebook customers so they are messers but makes me think I'm doing something wrong.  

I would hazard a guess they only wanted a Christmas clean. 

I don't think youve read what I posted properly.

I'm up to 360 from 320 at the begining of the year.

None because I turn them away to another windie I’m friendly with. Takes two of us nearly 7 weeks to get the round done and I’m suppose to be easing off and slowing down!

Just out of interest @Damo, why do you want to know what people are picking up?

Nosey sod ??

Trying to work out if what we’ve picked up is good or not. 

Dont pay for any advertising apart from my www hosting and checkatrade. 

Trying to work out if what we’ve picked up is good or not. 

Dont pay for any advertising apart from my www hosting and checkatrade. 
Out of interest do you pick up anything worth while on checaktrade? 

I've had a couple of quotes from them but I'm sure its like £600 for six months or something like that and it would be good for plumbers or electricians who get £10,000 jobs ect but is it worth it for a few £20.00 window cleaning jobs? 

Also does it actually pull in much? or do you get most from your website?

Latest Posts

Back