Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on 1st clean via wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stallion

So for the 1st time I done a 1st clean wfp

(Was quite reluctant as not confident enough)

Applied ubik to brush head and then scrubbed old frames(ones with black seals)

Settings on pump was 35 as that’s the speed I normally work on!

Took me over an hour just to clean fronts

And even then wasn’t convinced that I done a good job on glass.

Don’t get me wrong the upvc came out nice but upstairs glass cuz of height

I mean how can you tell if it needs to be scraped or not?

So for example when I done downstairs I saw some places needed scraping so touched up at thee end

However you really can’t tell regards to upstairs!

Oh yes used a barrel of water to do just fronts

Semi bay front!

Quite a big1

Am I missing something?

Believe pump speed should be higher?

And should I use fan jets as they give a better spray I believe?

What can be used to scrape tops with wfp

Any thoughts would be appreciated fellas!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just scrub the bugger, rinse and walk away

Too much worrying going on with first cleans

Spray a bit of chem if needed on the brush and give a thorough scrub

Wet the glass and scrub with the water off then turn on for final quick scrub and rinse if you want to save water

the answer to first cleans is the time the dirt can absorb the water. If a bird makes a mess on your car then the best thing to do is place a wet cloth on it for 5mins. Then after that it just wipes off. So best way is to go round whole house and soak the windows and maybe add detergent to the brush. Then go back to first one and begin cleaning it, I bet its a lot easier than just standing there scrubbing all day!

Just practice on ground floor, then when your confident with it do exactly the same on the uppers.

Gardiners scraper for stubborn spots.

Virosol or ubik left on for 5 minutes will get rid of most things.

I once washed my window with hard surface cleaner I got from my work. Little did I know it was acidic and left streaks all down my glass. I tried everything to remove them but they were burned on. Eventually I replaced the window but it was a lesson learnt. I only use glass cleaner or fairy from now on.

A bucket with some GG4 and pure water.  Dip the brush head (water off) scrub - water on - scrub till  the foam is all gone then rinse.

Works for me.

Your biggest issue is your confidence . It Will build as you go a little faster on your cleans and experience the results it the same. Ive Always rinsed too much, then one day forced myself to go frame , window, rinse once , walk away. (Regular cleans) Same resultat as my previous 2 time rinse. 

On 1st. Cleans its diff.  i scrub frame as Well as windows, little to no rinse, on to the next for dirt and driptime to finish ,And then back to the first ( glass only) and a little slower final rinse.  That way a 1st clean is quite quicker, and if your work with less feelings, and more methodic then its fast and effective.  My firstcleans were slow and now their Half the time after ive build my method. 

Your biggest issue is your confidence . It Will build as you go a little faster on your cleans and experience the results it the same. Ive Always rinsed too much, then one day forced myself to go frame , window, rinse once , walk away. (Regular cleans) Same resultat as my previous 2 time rinse. 

On 1st. Cleans its diff.  i scrub frame as Well as windows, little to no rinse, on to the next for dirt and driptime to finish ,And then back to the first ( glass only) and a little slower final rinse.  That way a 1st clean is quite quicker, and if your work with less feelings, and more methodic then its fast and effective.  My firstcleans were slow and now their Half the time after ive build my method. 

I guess hot water would be good for first cleans? Handy if I had a small heater to boil some water because first cleans come out of the blue. Maybe take a flask of boiling water this time, it may come in handy. Not a fan of asking customers for anything.

First clean method, I rinse the top of the window frame until water runs clear the i scrub all the frame rinse again from the top till water runs clear then do the sill and give a quick rinse down the glass then repeat right around the house and do doors as methodical, then return to first window and do the glass properly and the sill again. 

The above might be o.c.d but it works for me and i have had very good feedback from clients, You don't need hot and you don't necascarrily need chems either 

Might be worth turning your flow up on a first clean too? I always complete the clean and pop back and rinse again. Some might say it’s a waste of time but I find it reduces the risk of spotting on a first clean.

Don’t worry about speed. My first day I did three big houses, used all my water and it took me five hours. I knock them out in an hour and a half now. Get your job done right. Your reputation is the most important thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Warm water always lifts the dirt off easier the Mrs don't do the dishes at home with cold water

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

I guess hot water would be good for first cleans? Handy if I had a small heater to boil some water because first cleans come out of the blue. Maybe take a flask of boiling water this time, it may come in handy. Not a fan of asking customers for anything.
Hot is great but not a must . I got it now but did fine for years cold . You can always upgrade for about 200 pounds DIY gasheater 

Latest Posts

Back