Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Batteries again

Terrible idea, while it can work if you have small customers with driving in-between, it will only introduce unnecessary wear on your battery resulting in not having enough power to start our van.

The best option is of course a leisure battery, but a regular car battery can work fine if you're a pinch economically.

If you search spit charger, Spruce has given detailed information.

Mine is on a split charge, it is a leisure battery, but I do very short journeys so it has to be manually charged as well.

Anyone else on here connect your equipment straight to vehicle battery? Does it work efficiently? Pros and cons?

Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi 

I've had mine connected straight to vehicle battery for 2 years and it's worked perfectly.

I run a good quality pump (capable of two man) and have a 650 litre tank on board and it's never let me down.

I've never had to charge a separate battery as when I drive the van it charges the battery and powers everything. 

I do a variety of different residential properties mainly. Some take 5 mins and others take 5 hours, van parked up (not running)

Never had a problem... Even when I was away over the winter period for 2.5 weeks just started up van drove half an hour and carried on as usual.

Hope that is helpful but I'm sure we'll get some issues thrown in later... ?

Back