MickyB

First day tomorrow....

Hi all, 
Tomorrow marks the first day of running my own business. I have spent the last four months working a full time job whilst putting things in place to make this happen. What would your top three pieces of advice be for a new starter like me?

Wishing you the Best of luck! I would say
1, do a good job,
2, invest at least 40% of your takings back in to the business to start with, you can lower this at a later stage down the line. Nothing worse than having to dip into your own slice of the cake to pay for insurance & other bits and bobs.
3, don’t give up
4 - dont spend as you earn, tuck money away for when the work dries up, it does happen every now and again!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Take your time to do a good job, working speed will come with experience.....and be polite to your customers, and say a hello or a bit chilly today etc, as your setting up or working to passers by (they may decide to get you to do their windows).

And Good luck.

Be polite as a happy window cleaner is what potential customers want to see if you are working on there street.

Take your time on any first cleans  and class them as an invesment bearing in mind that if you do a good job that could be a customer for life and  a £10 house on a monthly clean is an extra £120 per year for you.A good reputation goes along way in window cleaning so doing a decent job is vital.

As you are starting out drop it into conversation to as many people as you can that you have just started a window cleaning buisness. Its just a way of getting your name out there and its free😉

Good luck

Just ask yourself WWGD?

Yup you got it -- What would Gordon do? 

nintchdbpict000134736678-e1507624687944.thumb.jpg.3b4643fcc4ab9de0eb848043a09d7e7a.jpg

There's a reason he looks like a smug ba***rd and that's cause he's got all the Benjamins!  

Watching 1 episode of Kitchen Nightmares will teach you more about actual business management than a year in business school. 

You make think I gone off the rails but honestly once you get it you'll realise how simple it all is. 

1)Don't tell anyone that it's your first day... if anyone asks, you've been doing it 2 years!

2) Don't do anything you don't planned doing for the rest of the time you're in the job... No extras, no 'canyoujusts', don't take forever on a house. Just clean, quick chat, and move on.

3) For every house you clean, drop a leaflet to the neighbours on each side.

4) Most important one of all...BE PROFITABLE!!! Listening to some people on here they sound like they are running a charity. The customers are not your friends, they are buying a service. The point of that service is for you to make money. Always remember that and don't undersell yourself. Keep the customer happy by doing a good job and being polite, but not at the expense of your profits.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app