Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many of your customers get your name wrong?

I go by my middle name It’s a nice simple one Syllable ‘John’, all my mate laugh at my advertising, they think I’m hiding from the taxman or something. Still get My name wrong but not nearly as much as before. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Time ! And iv had most of my customers 8 or 9 years. I dont mind, they recognise me away from window cleaning and most know my wife and sons name too so it must be a mental block for them now ! 

Not gonna lie i struggle remembering some of our customers names sometimes. I was certain one was called Jackie for years & never called her by her name as was suspicious i had the wrong name, always just said hiii, or hellooo, before i slipped up one time when her husband was home instead & i asked...”how’s jackie”? He said she’s Elaine...only been working for them for 4 years like [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I had one who was often at home but didn’t get to the door quick enough so I would leave a note which says “ your windows have been cleaned by mark”. He would often come and find me on the estate later on. He would be waving his note at me saying “ I’ve got your money here Graham”. Ain’t got a clue where he gets the name Graham from. 

Back