Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cold one in cardiff this morning ❄️

Incheck

First time i have ever cleaned a conservatory roof where the moss balls had frozen to it, took a fair few buckets of hot water to loosen them up to get them off [emoji51] it was like trying to get cement off. Also the water was freezing as i was cleaning, didnt expect that as no ice on the roads and felt comfortable but the air temperature must have been sub zero

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

First time i have ever cleaned a conservatory roof where the moss balls had frozen to it, took a fair few buckets of hot water to loosen them up to get them off
emoji51.png
it was like trying to get cement off. Also the water was freezing as i was cleaning, didnt expect that as no ice on the roads and felt comfortable but the air temperature must have been sub zero

I was doing gutters in Cambridge at 8am this morning and had to go round smashing the ice first. No gutter vac would've managed. We even did one at  1.30 that was still frozen. 

The solar panels on the houses (in the sun) opposite to where I live were frozen when I came out the front door to go to work. I turned round and went back inside for an hour  :1f603: . 

That’s a fair way from you isn’t it? I thought you were based in sunderland!

I am, but do windows and gutters in and around Cambridge, as far south as South Woodham Ferrers, ask @Den, for a very big property management company. 

Don't know why I get the jobs, apart from I must be cheaper and at least as good as the locals. And I don't travel this far for nowt. 

Yip meet up with part timer just a while back would love his job lol, all he does is walk around watching telly screens haha. When you back in SWF? Will have another meet up.

Yip meet up with part timer just a while back would love his job lol, all he does is walk around watching telly screens haha. When you back in SWF? Will have another meet up.
No, I was doing the hard work in putting the camera in the clean gutter. My employee for the day, earning £200 was looking at the screen. It was early and cold though. Will try and organise that I have a stop over so we can have a beer or 10  :1f44d:

No, I was doing the hard work in putting the camera in the clean gutter. My employee for the day, earning £200 was looking at the screen. It was early and cold though. Will try and organise that I have a stop over so we can have a beer or 10  :1f44d:
Sounds good to me ?

First time i have ever cleaned a conservatory roof where the moss balls had frozen to it, took a fair few buckets of hot water to loosen them up to get them off
emoji51.png
it was like trying to get cement off. Also the water was freezing as i was cleaning, didnt expect that as no ice on the roads and felt comfortable but the air temperature must have been sub zero

Afternoon job, allow the sun to come up and heat the roof. lesson learned.

How do you all manage the traffic down there? I was in Rotherham 5yrs ago and at 5pm I crossed the motorway and all 3 lanes were like a carpark with no spaces!
Tend to travel down on a Sunday evening. It's either that or leave 3 in the morning, would have done the early drive 10 years ago but too old nowadays. 

Traffic no worse than M8 into Glasgow anywhere near rush hour. 

Back