Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incheck

Cold one in cardiff this morning ❄️

Incheck

First time i have ever cleaned a conservatory roof where the moss balls had frozen to it, took a fair few buckets of hot water to loosen them up to get them off [emoji51] it was like trying to get cement off. Also the water was freezing as i was cleaning, didnt expect that as no ice on the roads and felt comfortable but the air temperature must have been sub zero

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Part Timer
2 hours ago, Incheck said:

First time i have ever cleaned a conservatory roof where the moss balls had frozen to it, took a fair few buckets of hot water to loosen them up to get them off emoji51.png it was like trying to get cement off. Also the water was freezing as i was cleaning, didnt expect that as no ice on the roads and felt comfortable but the air temperature must have been sub zero

I was doing gutters in Cambridge at 8am this morning and had to go round smashing the ice first. No gutter vac would've managed. We even did one at  1.30 that was still frozen. 

Tuffers

The solar panels on the houses (in the sun) opposite to where I live were frozen when I came out the front door to go to work. I turned round and went back inside for an hour :1f603:

Incheck
I was doing gutters in Cambridge at 8am this morning and had to go round smashing the ice first. No gutter vac would've managed. We even did one at  1.30 that was still frozen. 

That’s a fair way from you isn’t it? I thought you were based in sunderland!

Part Timer
15 minutes ago, Incheck said:

That’s a fair way from you isn’t it? I thought you were based in sunderland!

I am, but do windows and gutters in and around Cambridge, as far south as South Woodham Ferrers, ask @Den, for a very big property management company. 

Don't know why I get the jobs, apart from I must be cheaper and at least as good as the locals. And I don't travel this far for nowt. 

Den

Yip meet up with part timer just a while back would love his job lol, all he does is walk around watching telly screens haha. When you back in SWF? Will have another meet up.

Part Timer
3 hours ago, Den said:

Yip meet up with part timer just a while back would love his job lol, all he does is walk around watching telly screens haha. When you back in SWF? Will have another meet up.

No, I was doing the hard work in putting the camera in the clean gutter. My employee for the day, earning £200 was looking at the screen. It was early and cold though. Will try and organise that I have a stop over so we can have a beer or 10 :1f44d:

Den
1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

No, I was doing the hard work in putting the camera in the clean gutter. My employee for the day, earning £200 was looking at the screen. It was early and cold though. Will try and organise that I have a stop over so we can have a beer or 10 :1f44d:

Sounds good to me 👍

Part Timer
16 minutes ago, Den said:

Sounds good to me 👍

Will be January next year, us Northerners get dizzy that far south 

scottish cleaning service
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:35, Incheck said:

First time i have ever cleaned a conservatory roof where the moss balls had frozen to it, took a fair few buckets of hot water to loosen them up to get them off emoji51.png it was like trying to get cement off. Also the water was freezing as i was cleaning, didnt expect that as no ice on the roads and felt comfortable but the air temperature must have been sub zero

Afternoon job, allow the sun to come up and heat the roof. lesson learned.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:37, Tuffers said:

The solar panels on the houses (in the sun) opposite to where I live were frozen when I came out the front door to go to work. I turned round and went back inside for an hour :1f603:

Had a coffee and thought about your day ahead, wise choice m8

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:22, Part Timer said:

Will be January next year, us Northerners get dizzy that far south 

How do you all manage the traffic down there? I was in Rotherham 5yrs ago and at 5pm I crossed the motorway and all 3 lanes were like a carpark with no spaces!

Part Timer
17 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

How do you all manage the traffic down there? I was in Rotherham 5yrs ago and at 5pm I crossed the motorway and all 3 lanes were like a carpark with no spaces!

Tend to travel down on a Sunday evening. It's either that or leave 3 in the morning, would have done the early drive 10 years ago but too old nowadays. 

Traffic no worse than M8 into Glasgow anywhere near rush hour. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.