Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problems with WhatsApp

Bumblebee72

For you techie types - this geriatric needs some help!!  I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, had it about 18 months. Provider is Virgin. Today WhatsApp stopped working - can't get any sense out of their help page.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, just get "download pending" and nothing else.  I use (used to use!!) it all the time, going to be a major problem if I can't get it going again.

Anybody help?

For you techie types - this geriatric needs some help!!  I've got a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, had it about 18 months. Provider is Virgin. Today WhatsApp stopped working - can't get any sense out of their help page.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, just get "download pending" and nothing else.  I use (used to use!!) it all the time, going to be a major problem if I can't get it going again.

Anybody help?

out of data allowance?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks Redditch,  I don't think so - everything else is working OK - I've never even been remotely near my data allowance limit - don't do much internetting on the phone.

WhatsApp stores all its data on your phone so maybe your memory is getting full? 

My daughters phone doesn't have much memory and when it starts getting full WhatsApp has a fit as it can't work properly. 

Best way is to install I file manager app if you don't already have one. Find the WhatsApp folder and delete it. 

THIS WILL DELETE ALL WHATSAPP MESSAGES AND ANY IMAGES AND VIDEOS ETC SENT AND RECEIVED. 

after that it should work. This is obviously when what's app is installed so not sure why it is not installing now. Sounds stupid but have you turned phone off and on? 

Hi Gav,

Thanks for that.  It was a bit more complicated - I thought of the memory possibility and deleted hundreds of photos and videos to free up space but it didn't work.  In the end I got through to Samsung and made an appointment for remote help. The technician who called took over remote access to my phone and sorted the problem.  Still took him 35 minutes to find the problem and correct it - don't ask me, I haven't a clue!

Excellent service - polite and helpful and very patient with a septuagenarian non-tech dummy!!

Back