Jump to content
DJT

Gutter vac specs.



Recommended Posts

DJT

Hi guys and gals,

 

Just looking at some advice on gutter cleaning and tools required.

Im looking at doing a diy wet dry vac and wanted some pointers what to look for.

 

What Is the minimum watts you would need for 2 storey?

What is the minimum air flow rate?

And how many litres would you need to hold?

 

Im looking at dipping my toe in , to hopefully build up enough work on gutters to justify a pro set up.

 

Cheers for your help

Dan.

 

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
tench0771

ive got a 2400w vac that lifts most sods out but its not the watts its the air flow that counts ,suction lift ect , im more than happy with my stream vac does the job just fine 51mm pips are best dont bother with 38 as they dont work as well

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69

Yea I’m building my own from scratch, I’ve got the 50mm hose, I’ve got 5 100% carbon fibre poles which are 2 metres each & extremely lightweight, I’ve got a GoPro camera copy from eBay which streams to an iPhone, and shortly going to purchase a vac from Machine Mart which has a 166 l/s air flow, the next best thing to the sky vac, without the fancy price.

Not sure what you want to spend but this setup will have cost me around £1250 when I get the vac, plus I will convert the inlet to a side entry 50mm cyclone.

Hope this helps & gives you an idea of what you can achieve is you build your own system from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
19 hours ago, Carts69 said:

Yea I’m building my own from scratch, I’ve got the 50mm hose, I’ve got 5 100% carbon fibre poles which are 2 metres each & extremely lightweight, I’ve got a GoPro camera copy from eBay which streams to an iPhone, and shortly going to purchase a vac from Machine Mart which has a 166 l/s air flow, the next best thing to the sky vac, without the fancy price.

Not sure what you want to spend but this setup will have cost me around £1250 when I get the vac, plus I will convert the inlet to a side entry 50mm cyclone.

Hope this helps & gives you an idea of what you can achieve is you build your own system from scratch.

Mate lets us know if you get that vac? Im gonna get one hopefully soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
23 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Mate lets us know if you get that vac? Im gonna get one hopefully soon.

 

Yes definitely going for that vac, probably sometime next week & also get that side entry from GrippaTank on order

Share this post


Link to post
padman

Just as a matter of interest where did you get all your gutter tools from?

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
52 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Was just looking at this -

 

http://www.allpressuresprayersdirect.co.uk/issa-640m-wet-&-dry-vacuum-cleaner

 

Looks well built, made in Italy and the price is a lot lower than Ebay and what other stores price it for.

 

Just can't find any air flow stats for it..

 

Again.. probably one of the most important piece of info a customer would like to know & it’s not listed, from what I’ve noticed if it’s not listed in the description it’s probably nothing special, I know where my money is heading...

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
52 minutes ago, padman said:

Just as a matter of interest where did you get all your gutter tools from?

 

Ive made my own..well two of them, your stainless or aluminium tube is available on eBay in different diameters, I’ve just purchase a length of 50mm aluminium tube, cut it in half & left one end on one piece un modified & the othe piece i put in a vice to close the end to a degree, this will be ideal for tighter gutters.

Dont go over paying for ready made ones, much cheaper to buy your own tube & modify it to your own spec, at around 2mm it’s very easy to crush & shape yourself!

Share this post


Link to post
cornishcraig
3 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Was just looking at this -

 

http://www.allpressuresprayersdirect.co.uk/issa-640m-wet-&-dry-vacuum-cleaner

 

Looks well built, made in Italy and the price is a lot lower than Ebay and what other stores price it for.

 

Just can't find any air flow stats for it..

I have one of these and have used it for the last 6 years, extremely hard wearing mainly only need 2 vacs on the go.

Only now am I about to replace the brushes in the motors.

I use with 51mm hose and for join into drum I cut down an old empty silicone gun cartridge I've never had a blockage since doing that.

Highly recommended

20150530_125836.jpg

Edited by cornishcraig

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
1 hour ago, cornishcraig said:

I have one of these and have used it for the last 6 years, extremely hard wearing mainly only need 2 vacs on the go.

Only now am I about to replace the brushes in the motors.

I use with 51mm hose and for join into drum I cut down an old empty silicone gun cartridge I've never had a blockage since doing that.

Highly recommended

20150530_125836.jpg

 

Alright mate, yeah I was looking at it and it looks like a quality bit of kit compared with other units available. And to get six years out of it must be tough. Be handy if they published all of the air flow stats on it. A lot of the gutter vacs sold with the full kit, when you look at the performance of the vacs they are low and in many instances there charging a lot of cash for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
cornishcraig
15 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

 

Alright mate, yeah I was looking at it and it looks like a quality bit of kit compared with other units available. And to get six years out of it must be tough. Be handy if they published all of the air flow stats on it. A lot of the gutter vacs sold with the full kit, when you look at the performance of the vacs they are low and in many instances there charging a lot of cash for them. 

The vac motors are Soteco 2 stage bypass 1100w I've no idea what the air flow  stats are, but I can assure you it's not under powered.

I've used it for hard floor cleaning, sucking flood water up and vacuuming out vehicles as well as gutter cleaning. Never had an issue 

Stainless steel drum is great quality no rust showing at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
1 hour ago, cornishcraig said:

The vac motors are Soteco 2 stage bypass 1100w I've no idea what the air flow  stats are, but I can assure you it's not under powered.

I've used it for hard floor cleaning, sucking flood water up and vacuuming out vehicles as well as gutter cleaning. Never had an issue 

Stainless steel drum is great quality no rust showing at all. 

Did you have any problems with the trolley?

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
5 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Did you have any problems with the trolley?

 

Rear wheels look a bit vulnerable 

Share this post


Link to post
cornishcraig
32 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

 

Rear wheels look a bit vulnerable 

how do they look vulnerable? Lol 

I'm not going to take advantage of them.....

 

They are wheels go round and round carries a full load in the drum up and down steps  over cobbled streets. 

32 minutes ago, Carts69 said:

 

Rear wheels look a bit vulnerable 

22 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

 

Alright mate, yeah I was looking at it and it looks like a quality bit of kit compared with other units available. And to get six years out of it must be tough. Be handy if they published all of the air flow stats on it. A lot of the gutter vacs sold with the full kit, when you look at the performance of the vacs they are low and in many instances there charging a lot of cash for them. 

The vac motors are Soteco 2 stage bypass 1100w I've no idea what the air flow  stats are, but I can assure you it's not under powered.

I've used it for hard floor cleaning, sucking flood water up and vacuuming out vehicles as well as gutter cleaning. Never had an issue 

Stainless steel drum is great quality no rust showing at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
7 hours ago, cornishcraig said:

The vac motors are Soteco 2 stage bypass 1100w I've no idea what the air flow  stats are, but I can assure you it's not under powered.

I've used it for hard floor cleaning, sucking flood water up and vacuuming out vehicles as well as gutter cleaning. Never had an issue 

Stainless steel drum is great quality no rust showing at all. 

 

 

 

 

 

Thats that’s the same vac that omnivac use they just modified it a bit with side entry very good vac 

the main problem I have found with it is there is no brakes on the wheels and it will run away whilst working if you arnt careful 

Edited by Pjj

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
8 hours ago, Pjj said:

 

 

 

 

 

Thats that’s the same vac that omnivac use they just modified it a bit with side entry very good vac 

the main problem I have found with it is there is no brakes on the wheels and it will run away whilst working if you arnt careful 

 

Suppose a quick swap out of the front castors with brake ones would sort that issue.

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

Machine Mart - Cleancraft Wet Dry Vac. The company Cleancraft has only been trading for just over a year. The company owner looks like he recently left school. Just seen his profile on LinkedIn. Makes the other machine more interesting to me with Cornish getting 6 years out of it and PJJ using the Omnivac upgraded version. Plus its a fair bit cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Carts69
55 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Machine Mart - Cleancraft Wet Dry Vac. The company Cleancraft has only been trading for just over a year. The company owner looks like he recently left school. Just seen his profile on LinkedIn. Makes the other machine more interesting to me with Cornish getting 6 years out of it and PJJ using the Omnivac upgraded version. Plus its a fair bit cheaper. 

 

 Nice bit of checking up 👍 so why is the airflow proving hard to locate for this machine?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.